How was your day? The 13th part - Page 36
Global Justice Alliance

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your day? The 13th part

Garbage Day! Celebrate! Two big cans full of runny trashbags had to go before the weather heats up tomorrow. Shoulda worn gloves because my hands still stink.

Every greenbottle fly in the whole neighborhood was crawling on my truck. A bunch ended up inside the canopy, and took a ride all the way to the dump. Kind of felt like a bus transport for bugs......Next Stop Garbageville!

I had to laugh because a huge crow was in the dump lot eating lunch. Somebody burst a bag all over the ground and provided some good eats. I could elaborate but some people are probably eating themselves right now.

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    Mowed the lawn today. I also imported six new CDs that came in from my library loan requests, and when I get tired of listening to my iPod I can go to some live concerts, since my Springfield Symphony tickets for the 2010–2011 season arrived in the mail.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Talk about an unpleasant evening - three mishaps in a row. Any good statistician (or Las Vegas bookie) observing these events would probably say that the odds had finally caught up with me. Hmmph....
    Maybe we should ask Mr. Stoppable to work up an actuarial assessment of your risks..............Who knows? Ron's risks definitely should be worse, huh?
    You know, I remembered what Ron's dad did for a living only after posting the above - yes, I should have listed the actuaries in there to make the joke complete (and I was wondering if anyone on the forum would point it out)!
    But that's OK; it seems the odds weren't entirely caught up with me yet. Tonight I arrived at the terminal and boarded my train - the 5:13 PM West Line - only to hear an announcement over its PA that they were having problems with the locomotive which would cause a delay of at least 20 minutes. So everyone disembarked and headed for the 5:34, which was just pulling into the terminal. That train was packed to the rafters with both its regular passengers and those of us stranded by the breakdown of the 5:13. But the 5:34 was running on time, and I only arrived at my station 25 minutes later than I would normally have.
    But fate sometimes has ways of making up for these mishaps; tonight I went on-line to update my checkbook before making my car loan payment (2 days overdue!), and discovered that my first paycheck from this current temp job had already been direct-deposited in my account! So I didn't have to transfer funds from my savings to be able to make the payment, after all....
    At times like this, I can't help but think, "Life is good...."

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    I spent the day helping out my mom along with other members of my family, as we cleared some stuff out of my uncle's house. What was weird is that much of my uncle's furnishings used to be my grandparents', so it was like a flashback to my childhood!

In fact, I now have the same rocking chair that was my grandfather's favorite, which is about 40 years old.

Basically, while there are still a few things in the house, there's nothing left of any intrinsic value, or high value. My mom will have to go through the probate process, though, before she can sell the house, since my uncle didn't leave a will.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyojikasshu View Post
    My mom will have to go through the probate process, though, before she can sell the house, since my uncle didn't leave a will.
    Sorry to hear that, kyoji. But it does show why everyone should have a will, especially if you're over 45 or 50 or so. It's easy to do and will avoid probate which is going to cost the heirs more than if there had been a will in the first place.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Probate can be a strange process. I once became the owner of a quarter of a Cadillac after a relative, not really known to me, died. I ended up waiving it, since I didn't have a clue as to what I would do with 25% of a car, particularly since I was living aboard ship at the time. My stateroom was barely big enough for my roommate and myself, as it was.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Registered User Regular Member sharper1988's Avatar
    After a very eventful summer, I am finally back into the swing of things at school with the joy of research papers and tests. Oh joy.

And I have a couple of papers due in the middle of September as well.

And on top of that, I also have to do football stats with the local high school football team as well.
    My avatar above was created and designed by Slyrr.
    A true K/R, Canderemy, and Phinbella fan!

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    After an uneventful weekend, the highlights of which were my washing my car and taking care of some scratches and chips in its finish; as well as doing my laundry, I went back to work in beautiful downtown Go City on Monday. Things have gone soothly at work; all I do is look through the files I'm given for the data I need to copy into the Excel spreadsheets, and enter it once it's found. Kind of tedious, but like I said, I'm sitting at a desk all day working at a computer - which is a lot better than my last job was. Now if only I didn't have to get up so early to catch the train....
    EDIT: I found out late yesterday that our department's moving up to the 14th floor (from the 9th) this coming Thursday afternoon.

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    I went to my health club in the morning and out to the supermarket in the afternoon. O also bought piece of molding which I attached to my lap desk to help keep my keyboard from sliding around.

I was mad at myself on the way home when I realized I forgot to buy a birthday card for my sister. She turns 21 (x 3 ) on Labor Day.

Someone please remind me to get oone tomorrow.

It's been a pretty good day, especially since I had it off from work for once. Did a little house cleaning, made a trip into town so that I could visit my local comic shop. While there I gave over my copies of Spectacular Spider-Girl #1-4 and Spider-Girl: The End #1 to the store's back issue stock and used the store credit to pick up some other books (primarily the two issues of Superman: Secret Origins I was missing). Hung out with two friends for a while and... here I am, ready for some sleep so that I can return to work rested and ready.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]