Davy Crockett is Gone
Global Justice Alliance

Thread: Davy Crockett is Gone

Registered User Senior Member Muzzlehatch's Avatar

Davy Crockett is Gone

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b1723..._crockett.html

I was seven when the show came out. Didn't have a TV then and thought that the title song was about somebody named "Baby" Crockett.
    Kim Possible, the REAL Disney princess!

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Yeah, I saw that on the MSN news realease. I remember him in Davy Crockett and especially when he played Daniel Boone with Ed Ames as Mingo. He'll be missed.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    He also portrayed the father in the classic 1957 Disney film Old Yeller, and shared the screen with giant mutant ants in 1954's Them!

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    It's like I keep saying: any movie is enhanced by giant radioactive insects. Just think of how much better Titanic or Love Story would have been if they were over-run by giant ants or at least mutant scorpions......
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    It's like I keep saying: any movie is enhanced by giant radioactive insects. Just think of how much better Titanic or Love Story would have been if they were over-run by giant ants or at least mutant scorpions......
    I guess we can count the KP short "Roachie" as one of your very favorites then, huh?
    Seriously though, I saw an article about Fess Parker's death in this morning's Chicago Sun-Times as I rode into the city on the train. Another pop culture icon has passed away....