Hey, What Gives!???
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 121

Thread: Hey, What Gives!???

  1. #1
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,121

    Hey, What Gives!???

    For some reason, Disney Channel has their late-night programming all bollixed up.
    Instead of "Cory in the House" at Midnight, followed by "Kim Possible" at 12:30 (all times Central Daylight) like DC's on-line program schedule says, we got "Sonny with a Chance" followed by "Hannah Montana." What's going on here???
    I just hope this isn't permanent.....

  2. #2
    Registered User Junior Member Ryan Stoppable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Drakkenville, USA
    Posts
    38
    Knowing Disney Channel's disdain for all things animated these days, I unfortunately wouldn't be surprised if it is.

    It's weird, because while the DirecTV channel guide says it's still supposed to be KP, it most definitely is not. And even worse, if you look at the schedule on the DC site for next early Saturday-Monday morning (Friday through Sunday night), it's showing airings of their Current Crap (and a couple of episodes of Phineas and Ferb ) from 11pm to 2am Central with movies after that.

    So apparently, they're only going to show the Graveyard of Animated Shows(tm) 4 nights a week now instead of 7. At least for next week.

  3. #3
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stoppable View Post
    Knowing Disney Channel's disdain for all things animated these days, I unfortunately wouldn't be surprised if it is.

    It's weird, because while the DirecTV channel guide says it's still supposed to be KP, it most definitely is not. And even worse, if you look at the schedule on the DC site for next early Saturday-Monday morning (Friday through Sunday night), it's showing airings of their Current Crap (and a couple of episodes of Phineas and Ferb ) from 11pm to 2am Central with movies after that.

    So apparently, they're only going to show the Graveyard of Animated Shows(tm) 4 nights a week now instead of 7. At least for next week.
    The schedule I see still shows "Cory in the House" at midnight, followed by KP at 12:30 (1:30 AM Eastern time) all the way into next Tuesday morning.
    I'm hoping against hope that tonight's schedule change was just a fluke, due to some sort of technical foul-up on the part of whoever was pressing buttons in the Disney Channel broadcast booth.
    I mean, if they're going to make a schedule change, it'd be nice to at least get a couple of days' advance warning, right?
    EDIT: I just clicked the "Refresh" icon on the DC schedule page (I have it open in another window right now), thinking it might update to a new schedule, but nothing's changed. Kim still shows up in her usual time slot.

  4. #4
    I am seriously upset right now. I stayed up late to watch Kim, and "Hannah Montana" has been on for the last hour and half instead. Tomorrow night Wizards are on in KP's spot.

    It would not be so bad, if I had the episodes recorded. I did have all 87 put on disc. But a series of unfortunate events led to the loss of my DVD recorder, and all my discs. And no money to replace anything either.

    I'm ashamed to admit that I'm shaking right now. My worst expectations have come true. I tried to warn people this was coming....

    You know, to the world Kim is just one person but to one person (me) she means the whole world.

  5. #5
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebub View Post
    I am seriously upset right now. I stayed up late to watch Kim, and "Hannah Montana" has been on for the last hour and half instead. Tomorrow night Wizards are on in KP's spot.

    It would not be so bad, if I had the episodes recorded. I did have all 87 put on disc. But a series of unfortunate events led to the loss of my DVD recorder, and all my discs. And no money to replace anything either.

    I'm ashamed to admit that I'm shaking right now. My worst expectations have come true. I tried to warn people this was coming....

    You know, to the world Kim is just one person but to one person (me) she means the whole world.
    Well, I just switched on my TV, and they're showing a movie called "Brink," which is what both the on-line DC schedule, and my Comcast on-screen schedule, say should be on right now. So if they've gone back to following the schedule as posted, I'm thinking perhaps tonight's schedule change was a glitch. All we can do right now is wait and see what they do Saturday night.
    I understand how you feel, Beaglebub. I'm upset too at the prospect of DC suddenly yanking KP out of the line-up. And I'm sorry you lost your DVD recorder and all your KP discs. But try and relax if you can. Even if DC does cancel KP, there's still the chance that she'll turn up again on the schedule sometime in the future. And there are still the four KP DVDs Disney marketed in this country that you can purchase (I see them in the stores all the time, even today); so that'll at least give you some episodes to watch.
    But, please don't get yourself worked up this way. One way or another, we'll weather this crisis. And, if worse comes to worse, you'll still have a group of loyal friends here on this forum to talk to. We're here to help and support one another. Like the song says, "That's what friends are for."
    Hang in there, old friend. I'm here for you; we all are.
    EDIT: I just checked the TV Guide site, and you're right. "Wizards" is scheduled for KP's time slot tomorrow night (Sunday AM). But Kim's back on in her usual time slot early Monday morning, according to TV Guide. And their schedule also says they start all over again with Season One episodes towards the end of May. So maybe DC's just trying to change things around for variety's sake on the weekends. At any rate, let's not panic right now. Like I said earlier, all we can do is wait and see how things go over the next week. OK?
    SORRY; DOUBLE EDIT:
    I've double-checked the TV Guide website, and here's what they say is the schedule for KP episodes for the next two weeks:

    Monday, May 10
    Tuesday, May 11
    Wednesday, May 12
    Thursday, May 13
    Friday, May 14
    Tuesday, May 18
    Wednesday, May 19
    Thursday, May 20
    Friday, May 21


    The episodes will run in their current time slot of 1:30 AM Eastern/12:30 AM Central Daylight Time.

  6. #6
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,054
    I usually follow the DirecTV schedule of Disney Channel. Last night was supposed to be "Nursery Crimes/Chasing Rufus", however, Hannah Montana showed instead, despite what the schedule said. Tonight (Sunday morning) is supposed to be "Cap'n Drakken", followed by "Mother's Day" (Monday morning), following "The Mentor of our Discontent (Tuesday morning), followed by "Oh No, Yono", (Wednesday morning), followed by "Homecoming Upset" (Thursday morning), followed by "Clean Slate" (Friday morning). However on Saturday Morning, "Wizards of Waverly Place" is in KP's time slot. I can only get the schedule a week in advance on DirecTV. I don't know if this is a fundamental change or not. We can only wait and see........
    "Say the Word"

  7. #7
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,121
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I usually follow the DirecTV schedule of Disney Channel. Last night was supposed to be "Nursery Crimes/Chasing Rufus", however, Hannah Montana showed instead, despite what the schedule said. Tonight (Sunday morning) is supposed to be "Cap'n Drakken", followed by "Mother's Day" (Monday morning), following "The Mentor of our Discontent (Tuesday morning), followed by "Oh No, Yono", (Wednesday morning), followed by "Homecoming Upset" (Thursday morning), followed by "Clean Slate" (Friday morning). However on Saturday Morning, "Wizards of Waverly Place" is in KP's time slot. I can only get the schedule a week in advance on DirecTV. I don't know if this is a fundamental change or not. We can only wait and see........
    I just checked my Comcast on-screen cable guide. They show no KP episode listed for tonight. Instead, they've scheduled the second of two "Wizards" episodes in Kim's usual time slot.
    It seems to me that DC's definitely changing the schedule around a bit. Considering how close it is to summer, I'm not surprised - they've done it before at this time of year. I suppose we should be thankful they didn't yank Kim out of the schedule altogether; all we lose are the weekend showings (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday mornings). We are indeed lucky.

  8. #8
    Registered User Full Member savingkp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    79
    my tv guide said kp will be on tonight :P. if they stop showing kp on the weekends. i'm gonna write a letter aboutt how mad this makes. me

  9. #9
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,054
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I usually follow the DirecTV schedule of Disney Channel. Last night was supposed to be "Nursery Crimes/Chasing Rufus", however, Hannah Montana showed instead, despite what the schedule said. Tonight (Sunday morning) is supposed to be "Cap'n Drakken", followed by "Mother's Day" (Monday morning), following "The Mentor of our Discontent (Tuesday morning), followed by "Oh No, Yono", (Wednesday morning), followed by "Homecoming Upset" (Thursday morning), followed by "Clean Slate" (Friday morning). However on Saturday Morning, "Wizards of Waverly Place" is in KP's time slot. I can only get the schedule a week in advance on DirecTV. I don't know if this is a fundamental change or not. We can only wait and see........
    I just checked my Comcast on-screen cable guide. They show no KP episode listed for tonight. Instead, they've scheduled the second of two "Wizards" episodes in Kim's usual time slot.
    It seems to me that DC's definitely changing the schedule around a bit. Considering how close it is to summer, I'm not surprised - they've done it before at this time of year. I suppose we should be thankful they didn't yank Kim out of the schedule altogether; all we lose are the weekend showings (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday mornings). We are indeed lucky.
    Well, it looks like you're right, TWD. Cory and KP were replaced by Wizards episodes. Hopefully, as you mentioned, this is a temporary thing and we'll get KP back soon........
    "Say the Word"

  10. #10
    Registered User Full Member savingkp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I usually follow the DirecTV schedule of Disney Channel. Last night was supposed to be "Nursery Crimes/Chasing Rufus", however, Hannah Montana showed instead, despite what the schedule said. Tonight (Sunday morning) is supposed to be "Cap'n Drakken", followed by "Mother's Day" (Monday morning), following "The Mentor of our Discontent (Tuesday morning), followed by "Oh No, Yono", (Wednesday morning), followed by "Homecoming Upset" (Thursday morning), followed by "Clean Slate" (Friday morning). However on Saturday Morning, "Wizards of Waverly Place" is in KP's time slot. I can only get the schedule a week in advance on DirecTV. I don't know if this is a fundamental change or not. We can only wait and see........
    I just checked my Comcast on-screen cable guide. They show no KP episode listed for tonight. Instead, they've scheduled the second of two "Wizards" episodes in Kim's usual time slot.
    It seems to me that DC's definitely changing the schedule around a bit. Considering how close it is to summer, I'm not surprised - they've done it before at this time of year. I suppose we should be thankful they didn't yank Kim out of the schedule altogether; all we lose are the weekend showings (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday mornings). We are indeed lucky.
    Well, it looks like you're right, TWD. Cory and KP were replaced by Wizards episodes. Hopefully, as you mentioned, this is a temporary thing and we'll get KP back soon........
    the comcast onlie guide lastnight said kp. but there was wizards!. if this keeps up. i'm gonna write a letter saying how angery it makes me that they have to whold stinking day to show hannha and wizards. but they choose they only time slot that kp is on. or i'm gonna write the letter sooner so they know how angery we are about this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •