Hey, What Gives!??? - Page 2
Global Justice Alliance

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey, What Gives!???

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    The Comcast guide misled us again tonight. It said we could expect "Cory" at midnight (Central time) and KP at 12:30, but right now they're running a "Hannah Montana" episode in Cory's time slot. I get the sinking feeling they're not going to run KP tonight, despite the fact that's it's Mother's Day and they have a KP ep dealing with that holiday. (EDIT: They didn't. We got a "Suite Life on Deck" rerun instead.)
    Can we even trust Disney Channel anymore? That's what I'm wondering right now.
    I even went so far as to pull all my KP DVDs out and keep them handy, so I can play them on nights when DC isn't running the show.
    In fact, I just now sent DC an e-mail complaining about this sitch. If anyone else would like to do the same (like savingkp was talking about), here's how to do it:
    1. Access their main website page:http://disney.go.com/index
    2. Click on the button near the top of the screen that says TV.
    3.Go to the bottom of the screen and click on "Disney.com Guest Services/Help."
    4.Click on the FAQ/Help section.
    5. Scroll down to the "Disney Channel" section; specifically to Question #17, regarding finding questionable content on a DC show. Go to the sentence that reads, "If you would like to share your comments with our management so that your concerns may be factored into future programming decisions, please click here."
    6. The words "click here" will be highlighted in a golden brown, and by clicking on that link, you will get a box in which you can type your message.
    7. After typing your message, go down and click the box next to the phrase, "I accept these terms and conditions," then go down and click the box marked "Submit."
    Be polite now; don't curse them out or anything. Saying "please" and "thank you" will get better results than sending insults or threats.

Here's the message I just sent them as an example:
    I would like to complain about the sudden, and unannounced, change in your late-night schedule on Disney Channel. According to my cable provider's on-screen program guide, "Kim Possible" should be running right now (12:30 AM, Central Daylight time). Instead, I see an episode of "The Suite Life on Deck." You did the same thing last night as well as Friday night, abruptly changing the schedule without any advance warning to your viewers.
    I'm rather upset at not being able to view "Kim Possible" right now. I enjoy that show; it happens to be one of my favorite television programs. You're already running enough multiple showings of "Suite Life" and "Hannah," etc. during prime-time viewing hours. I don't think it's right to bump "Kim," or any other show, off the late night schedule in order to provide more redundant viewings of your newest programs.
    All I ask is for you to give us Kim back, and leave the late-night schedule alone. Thank you.

(TransWarpDrive)

(I included my e-mail address in case they want to reply)
    Go to it, gang.

BTW, this was the link through which I sent them my complaint about that inaccurate factoid they presented during the promos for their movie, "Oceans."

Registered User Full Member savingkp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    The Comcast guide misled us again tonight. It said we could expect "Cory" at midnight (Central time) and KP at 12:30, but right now they're running a "Hannah Montana" episode in Cory's time slot. I get the sinking feeling they're not going to run KP tonight, despite the fact that's it's Mother's Day and they have a KP ep dealing with that holiday. (EDIT: They didn't. We got a "Suite Life on Deck" rerun instead.)
    I even went so far as to pull all my KP DVDs out and keep them handy, so I can play them on nights when DC isn't running the show.
    In fact, I just now sent DC an e-mail complaining about this sitch. If anyone else would like to do the same (like savingkp was talking about), here's how to do it:
    5. Scroll down to the "Disney Channel" section; specifically to Question #17, regarding finding questionable content on a DC show. Go to the sentence that reads, "If you would like to share your comments with our management so that your concerns may be factored into future programming decisions, please click here."
    6. The words "click here" will be highlighted in a golden brown, and by clicking on that link, you will get a box in which you can type your message.
    7. After typing your message, go down and click the box next to the phrase, "I accept these terms and conditions," then go down and click the box marked "Submit."
    Be polite now; don't curse them out or anything. Saying "please" and "thank you" will get better results than sending insults or threats.

I would like to complain about the sudden, and unannounced, change in your late-night schedule on Disney Channel. According to my cable provider's on-screen program guide, "Kim Possible" should be running right now (12:30 AM, Central Daylight time). Instead, I see an episode of "The Suite Life on Deck." You did the same thing last night as well as Friday night, abruptly changing the schedule without any advance warning to your viewers.
    I'm rather upset at not being able to view "Kim Possible" right now. I enjoy that show; it happens to be one of my favorite television programs. You're already running enough multiple showings of "Suite Life" and "Hannah," etc. during prime-time viewing hours. I don't think it's right to bump "Kim," or any other show, off the late night schedule in order to provide more redundant viewings of your newest programs.
    All I ask is for you to give us Kim back, and leave the late-night schedule alone. Thank you.

(TransWarpDrive)

Go to it, gang.

BTW, this was the link through which I sent them my complaint about that inaccurate factoid they presented during the promos for their movie, "Oceans."
    you bet, i'm sending an e-mail. and a letter. my tv paper lied to me.!

Quote Originally Posted by savingkp View Post

(TransWarpDrive)

Go to it, gang.

Absolutely! Go for it! Again, just remember: Be polite....

Registered User Full Member savingkp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by savingkp View Post

(TransWarpDrive)

Go to it, gang.

Absolutely! Go for it! Again, just remember: Be polite....
    i was. let's hope they give us kp back

Well, we got a KP episode tonight.
    They're back on their old nighttime schedule: "That's So Raven" at 11:30; "Cory in the House" at midnight; and "Kim Possible" at 12:30.*
    The Disney Channel schedule guide hasn't been updated yet; it still shows the Mother's Day ep in yesterday's time slot when we all know they replaced it with a "Wizards" repeat. Looking through the TV Guide schedule, it looks as though Kim will be on Tuesday through Friday; then Saturday through Monday will feature other, newer DC shows in her place. So we've been reduced to KP episodes just four days a week.
    I suppose I can live with that; although it won't matter now whether the hotels I go to for conventions carry Disney Channel or not since Kim won't be shown on weekends. I guess you can look at it as one less thing for me to worry about (although I'd rather have my daily "Kim" fix)....

However, they did show another ad for the movie "Oceans" in which Demi Lovato said, "Did you know the oceans make up 3/4 of our planet?"
    They're still running inaccurate scientific facts!!!
    Can't those ding-a-lings ever get it right??
    (Sigh) I guess it's time for me to send 'em another e-mail....

(*All times Central Daylight time in my posts, of course...)

Well, we got a KP episode tonight.
    They're back on their old nighttime schedule: "That's So Raven" at 11:30; "Cory in the House" at midnight; and "Kim Possible" at 12:30.*
    The Disney Channel schedule guide hasn't been updated yet; it still shows the Mother's Day ep in yesterday's time slot when we all know they replaced it with a "Wizards" repeat. Looking through the TV Guide schedule, it looks as though Kim will be on Tuesday through Friday; then Saturday through Monday will feature other, newer DC shows in her place. So we've been reduced to KP episodes just four days a week.
    I suppose I can live with that; although it won't matter now whether the hotels I go to for conventions carry Disney Channel or not since Kim won't be shown on weekends. I guess you can look at it as one less thing for me to worry about (although I'd rather have my daily "Kim" fix)....

However, they did show another ad for the movie "Oceans" in which Demi Lovato said, "Did you know the oceans make up 3/4 of our planet?"
    They're still running inaccurate scientific facts!!!
    Can't those ding-a-lings ever get it right??
    (Sigh) I guess it's time for me to send 'em another e-mail....

(*All times Central Daylight time in my posts, of course...)

Make sure you send correspondence to the appropriate departments at Disney Channel.

Complaints about broadcast educational material goes to:
    Department of Misinformation and Errors

It's right across the hall from the Department of Fawlty Television Schedules

I'm so glad KP is back. If Hanna Montana was on tonight I would have had a stroke. I mean, come on......isn't 23 1/2 hours of rot good enough? They have to take Kim's last 30 minutes too?

If I sound bitter, it's because I am. I've learned over the years not to trust these people one bit.

Registered User Junior Member Ryan Stoppable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebub View Post
    Make sure you send correspondence to the appropriate departments at Disney Channel.

Complaints about broadcast educational material goes to:
    Department of Misinformation and Errors

It's right across the hall from the Department of Fawlty Television Schedules

I'm so glad KP is back. If Hanna Montana was on tonight I would have had a stroke. I mean, come on......isn't 23 1/2 hours of rot good enough? They have to take Kim's last 30 minutes too?

If I sound bitter, it's because I am. I've learned over the years not to trust these people one bit.
    The fact that you have lumped Disney Channel's second-best show ever in with the rest of their Current Crap sickens me, and I will NOT stand for it. :P

Registered User Full Member KimforHim's Avatar

We had our 24 hour binge, too...

A bit of a counterpoint on this issue. Disney is in full "pop star factory" mode these days, and the more they can push the product (Hanna Montana, Jonas Bros., Selena Gomez, etc., etc.) the more they can enjoy the wealth of downstream profits (movies, concert tours, store paraphenilia, etc.) I don't follow the Disney Chanel schedule religiously (only the KP part! ) but they had several mini-marathons on lately, featuring their hot-but-getting-old-quickly teen shows (HM, Wizards, Suite Life). HM goes through one more year, then, if Miley isn't in rehab by then, they may do another year (like they did for KP). Wizards is still running along, but Selena is becoming the Next Big Thing, apparently, so she may spread her wings, and be gone. And have you seen the Sprouse twins lately?! It's hard to play cute when your voice has dropped several octaves from the series premiere! So this ride on the Pop Star train may start to fade, and hopefully Disney will get back to what it does best - cartoons!
    When KP went into their final episode, Disney did a 24 hour marathon of KP episodes that no doubt drove the fans of other shows on the air at the time around the bend! I see the marathons going on nowadays as attempts to goose the viewership ratings, and seem to be in some cases the swan songs of particular series (jumping shark said what?).
    As for this change being a seasonal adjustment, yes,that has happened to KP in the past. Disney does all sorts of wild contests featuring their series actors to keep viewers interested in the Summer months, when most kids actualy get outdoors for a change! That necessitates schedule changes, to accomodate these events. This burp in the scheduling of the KP episodes may be that, or it may be just for this round of "yeah-they're-older-and-showing-up-in-adult- scandalous-stories-outside-the-show-but-you-still-have-to-adore-them!" efforts to keep kids glued to their TVs with non-stop runs of their fading idols.
    I believe that Disney, on some level, either consciously or unconsciously, recognizes that KP still draws loyal crowds, which is more than you can say about their attempts to pop-glorify real life entertainers (Raven, for instance). Let's see what the Summer (and Fall) brings. I suspect KP will return back to a seven day cycle once kids are back in school (and unable to stay up late to see the show, anyway!:P).

Quote Originally Posted by KimforHim View Post
    A bit of a counterpoint on this issue. Disney is in full "pop star factory" mode these days, and the more they can push the product (Hannah Montana, Jonas Bros., Selena Gomez, etc., etc.) the more they can enjoy the wealth of downstream profits (movies, concert tours, store paraphenilia, etc.) I don't follow the Disney Chanel schedule religiously (only the KP part! ) but they had several mini-marathons on lately, featuring their hot-but-getting-old-quickly teen shows (HM, Wizards, Suite Life). HM goes through one more year, then, if Miley isn't in rehab by then, they may do another year (like they did for KP).* Wizards is still running along, but Selena is becoming the Next Big Thing, apparently, so she may spread her wings, and be gone. And have you seen the Sprouse twins lately?! It's hard to play cute when your voice has dropped several octaves from the series premiere! So this ride on the Pop Star train may start to fade, and hopefully Disney will get back to what it does best - cartoons!
    When KP went into their final episode, Disney did a 24 hour marathon of KP episodes that no doubt drove the fans of other shows on the air at the time around the bend! I see the marathons going on nowadays as attempts to goose the viewership ratings, and seem to be in some cases the swan songs of particular series (jumping shark said what?).
    As for this change being a seasonal adjustment, yes,that has happened to KP in the past. Disney does all sorts of wild contests featuring their series actors to keep viewers interested in the Summer months, when most kids actualy get outdoors for a change! That necessitates schedule changes, to accomodate these events.** This burp in the scheduling of the KP episodes may be that, or it may be just for this round of "yeah-they're-older-and-showing-up-in-adult-scandalous-stories-outside-the-show-but-you-still-have-to-adore-them!" efforts to keep kids glued to their TVs with non-stop runs of their fading idols.
    I believe that Disney, on some level, either consciously or unconsciously, recognizes that KP still draws loyal crowds, which is more than you can say about their attempts to pop-glorify real life entertainers (Raven, for instance). Let's see what the Summer (and Fall) brings. I suspect KP will return back to a seven day cycle once kids are back in school ***(and unable to stay up late to see the show, anyway!:P).
    Comments on your post:

*Actually, no. Disney has announced that the fourth season of "Hannah Montana" (to be run this summer) is definitely the show's last. Miley has even admitted in public that she's grown tired of doing HM, and wants to move on.
    **True enough. In recent years, DC has rearranged its schedule with the coming of summer to bring some variety into their daily lineup; as well as allow for the fact that some shows go on hiatus at this time of year. DC takes this opportunity to show some new movies and mini-series, as well as preview upcoming new shows (for example: the night that "High School Musical 2" premiered on DC - Friday, Aug. 17, 2007 - they tacked a sneak preview of "Phineas and Ferb" on at the end of the film. And "P&F" wouldn't debut as a regular series until the following summer).
    ***I fervently hope you're right about this. After all, they've ceased production on a number of shows currently running in the late-night slots ("Raven," "The Replacements," "The Emperor's New School," to name just a few); but DC still includes them on their schedule along with KP. And when you consider the fact that they're still featuring real-life actors portraying Kim & Ron at Disney World, as well as that interactive KP "treasure hunt" adventure with the cell phones at EPCOT, then I agree with you that Disney may just think higher of our Kimmie than we realize they do.
    The question that comes to my mind is: If Disney really does like KP so much, then why do they stick her show in such a late time slot on their daily schedule? It just doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stoppable View Post
    The fact that you have lumped Disney Channel's second-best show ever in with the rest of their Current Crap sickens me, and I will NOT stand for it. :P
    That's my opinion. It's hard and bitter, isn't it?
    I assume opinions are allowed in here.......