A site that highlights the worth of KP the person.
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A site that highlights the worth of KP the person.

Registered User Senior Member Villainheadache's Avatar

A site that highlights the worth of KP the person.

A friend called mr35mm recommended me this wonderful site, it tells you about the values of KP, values like Innocence, Humility, confidence, Responsibility, Honor.... Is a great site, and make you see that KP is a good role model.

The world according Kim Possible.

Hope you enjoy it, and don't forget comment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Thanks for posting the link, V! I've already bookmarked it in my list of favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Thanks for posting the link, V! I've already bookmarked it in my list of favorites.
    No big , is a good page, I wanted to share it with you, and talking about favorites pages, I've bookmarked it too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User Senior Member Muzzlehatch's Avatar
    I've been corresponding occasionally with Wes, the owner of the site. Interesting guy. Some of his philosophy is very complicated and profound, somewhat similar to the 60's "The Gospel According to Peanuts", based on the comic strip.
    Kim Possible, the REAL Disney princess!

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzlehatch View Post
    I've been corresponding occasionally with Wes, the owner of the site. Interesting guy. Some of his philosophy is very complicated and profound, somewhat similar to the 60's "The Gospel According to Peanuts", based on the comic strip.
    Really? that's Badical. He's a philosopher?

Registered User Junior Member
    An intriguing look at the philosophy of Kim Possible, though I would beg to differ on some of his takes. On the section on innocence, the example of the vaccuum cleaner story was used. I would regard this as a great illustration of over-focus, rather than innocence. Her ability to win in the end was a mark of her intelligence and skill.

Now, there is no question that Kimberly Ann Possible is indeed innocent in many respects, and that has actually helped her in a number of her adventures. In this case, it really neither helped nor hurt.

My personal thought would be that there should really be a second section looking at the philosophies and viewpoints of those who helped her (her family, Ron, Wade and Monique) in regards to how their personal views on life compensated for these blind-spots.

However, this alone is not enough, as it would imply that these blind-spots are weaknesses. They are only weaknesses when she operates alone (Sitch in Time). When she is working with others, they become the inevitable consequence of having specializations, where her specialties are key to her successes. Without the limitations, she could do nothing. Without the support, the limitations are exploitable by her opponents. And this is how it is with all heroes - cartoon, mythological or real-life.

This aspect of Kim is under-explored, but is key to understanding Kimness in its entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by Imipk View Post
    An intriguing look at the philosophy of Kim Possible, though I would beg to differ on some of his takes. On the section on innocence, the example of the vaccuum cleaner story was used. I would regard this as a great illustration of over-focus, rather than innocence. Her ability to win in the end was a mark of her intelligence and skill.

Now, there is no question that Kimberly Ann Possible is indeed innocent in many respects, and that has actually helped her in a number of her adventures. In this case, it really neither helped nor hurt.

My personal thought would be that there should really be a second section looking at the philosophies and viewpoints of those who helped her (her family, Ron, Wade and Monique) in regards to how their personal views on life compensated for these blind-spots.

However, this alone is not enough, as it would imply that these blind-spots are weaknesses. They are only weaknesses when she operates alone (Sitch in Time). When she is working with others, they become the inevitable consequence of having specializations, where her specialties are key to her successes. Without the limitations, she could do nothing. Without the support, the limitations are exploitable by her opponents. And this is how it is with all heroes - cartoon, mythological or real-life.

This aspect of Kim is under-explored, but is key to understanding Kimness in its entirety.
    Good point, you're totally Right Imipik , Kim could be a great roll model, but she has her weak points, like anyone else. but her parents, and friends help her to fill those Blind points. they should include other characters of the series, besides Kim.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered User Senior Member Muzzlehatch's Avatar
    I've just checked the site, and it's been closed.
    Kim Possible, the REAL Disney princess!

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    That's funny - I just clicked on the link, and the site came up.
    EDIT: I take it back - there's just the main page. He did close it. My bad....

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    That's funny - I just clicked on the link, and the site came up.
    EDIT: I take it back - there's just the main page. He did close it. My bad....
    It's so sad the site has been closed, I checked out the site, and there's only a main page saying that the author closed the site....

It was a great site, and I didn't copy the pages of it. I'm so ashamed.

UPDATE:

well, after all this, there is some good news, I finally made a copy of the pages of the site, almost all except the site maps, but it's all right. the sitch is in how I share this with you guys, maybe sending it on e-mail, or something.

What you think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]