Avatar: Escape Velocity - Page 2
Global Justice Alliance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avatar: Escape Velocity

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Ah, 'chutes; a little constructive criticism here:
    ... I worked through our known catalogue of elements, eliminating what this stuff isn’t, until –”

“ – Until whatever remains, however improbable...”

“Must be the truth.”

“You’ve read Doyle?”

Haybusa shook his head sadly. “Never had the time. Pop-culture osmosis. But, yeah…”
    May I suggest you change the sentence I've bolded to something like, "Reading the works of Conan-Doyle again?" or even just, "You've read Conan-Doyle?"
    Sherlock Holmes' creator has (or had) a hyphenated last name. Every reference to Sir Arthur that I've read, using only his last name, has used both parts.
    Well, I'm going for an informal, jocular feel between one fan and another. "Conan-Doyle" seems too formal.
    Perhaps, but most people only recognize Sir Arthur's last name when you use both parts. IMHO, just referring to him as "Doyle" will only confuse them as they won't realize who you're talking about.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    ... I worked through our known catalogue of elements, eliminating what this stuff isn’t, until –”

“Must be the truth.”

“You’ve read Doyle?”

Haybusa shook his head sadly. “Never had the time. Pop-culture osmosis. But, yeah…”
    May I suggest you change the sentence I've bolded to something like, "Reading the works of Conan-Doyle again?" or even just, "You've read Conan-Doyle?"
    Sherlock Holmes' creator has (or had) a hyphenated last name. Every reference to Sir Arthur that I've read, using only his last name, has used both parts.
    Well, I'm going for an informal, jocular feel between one fan and another. "Conan-Doyle" seems too formal.
    Perhaps, but most people only recognize Sir Arthur's last name when you use both parts. IMHO, just referring to him as "Doyle" will only confuse them as they won't realize who you're talking about.
    OK. I've fixed it, just for you. :P
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

“Must be the truth.”

“You’ve read Doyle?”

Thanks, 'chutes!

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar

“Must be the truth.”

“You’ve read Doyle?”

Thanks, 'chutes!
    You're welcome.

Have you enjoyed the latest chapters?
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.