Any Good Movies or DVDs? - starting Fall 2010 until ? - Page 34
Global Justice Alliance

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Good Movies or DVDs? - starting Fall 2010 until ?

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar

Re: Any Good Movies or DVDs? - starting Fall 2010 until ?

If you still have not yet seen Frozen, let me direct you to one of the best scenes in the movie. This is absolutely mesmerizing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar

I've been wanting to see Frozen for about two weeks now. Exams got in the way, though, and now that I'm home there are fewer like-minded Disney Animation fans to go see it with. :/
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Well, I almost go to the movies alone anyway. I can concentrate on the movie better sometimes doing that.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Well, I almost go to the movies alone anyway. I can concentrate on the movie better sometimes doing that.
    Heck, I've been going to the movies alone for the better part of 37 years! Ever since the first Star Wars film debuted in the spring of '77, I'd most likely be found on Friday or Saturday nights (sometimes both) at the local cinema by myself. When I was dating (mid- to late 80's into the early 90's), I'd often take whichever lady I was courting at the time to see a film. But overall, my solo trips to the movies have vastly outnumbered the times I accompanied friends or dates there.
    So I have to agree with you there, jeriddian. It is sometimes easier to concentrate on a film when you're seeing it alone. I understand 'chutes wanting to go to a film with friends, but I think sooner or later he'll come to realize it's OK to see a movie by one's self from time to time.

Last night I watched my new DVD of Man Of Steel. Excellent movie! It breathes new life into the Superman mythos, with an updated version of his origin story.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Last night I watched my new DVD of Man Of Steel. Excellent movie! It breathes new life into the Superman mythos, with an updated version of his origin story.
    I requested that DVD from the library a few days ago. Maybe I'll get it in a few weeks (or months).

I watched my new DVD of Star Trek; Into Darkness tonight. I just love the interplay between Spock and McCoy, as well as the scenes with Scotty and Chekhov. I still think that Karl Urban and Simon Pegg are channeling the spirits of DeForest Kelley & Jimmy Doohan, respectively. They've done that good a job of capturing the essence of those two characters!

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar

I watched the DVD of Iron Man 3 today. I thought the flick was pretty dumb.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar

Went to see a matinee showing of Lone Survivor. Intense movie, theater was full. The guys on Redwings had a really hard day.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

I went to see Mr. Peabody and Sherman a few days ago. If you are old enough, you may remember the old Rocky and Bullwinkle Show from the early 1980's or so. That cartoon was way ahead of its time. It had as one of its features a short cartoon by this same name featuring a beagle dog who was the smartest being on the planet, who raised a young boy, and he had a time machine called the WABAC, with which he would take Sherman into the past and teach him about history in a very humorous way. That was the intent of the cartoon anyway, to teach the viewing kids about some history in a way that would interest them. The movie is an extension of this, but is more for entertainment purposes and of course the animation quality is upgraded, but I thoroughly recommend it as it is a funny, funny movie. In addition, our own Steve Barkin, Mr. Patrick Warburton plays a prominent character as well.
    "Say the Word"