Any Good Movies or DVDs? - starting Fall 2010 until ? - Page 49
Global Justice Alliance

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Thread: Any Good Movies or DVDs? - starting Fall 2010 until ?

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I went and saw Moana, the new Disney animated feature, and it was wonderful. I recommend it highly. The Chicken will drive you cuckoo.....
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I finally pulled out my collection of Christmas movies on DVD. Tonight's feature: the movie musical Scrooge starring Albert Finney and Alec Guiness.

Okay, guys........At the risk of appearing to be on dumbstruck teenager.............I think I can say the following without it being a spoiler.

Of course, I had to watch Rogue One tonight. I watched the first showing in 3D on an Epic Screen. All I can say is...................OH.........MY.........GOD!!!!!!

Yes, it is darker in tone, without the usual humor, and it is a sadder ending, but still, it is WOW!...............just WOW........incredible action and special effects, and at the risk of entering the uncanny valley, which I must say they actually did a darn good job of avoiding, they managed to include Grand Moff Tarkin 22 years AFTER sir Peter Cushing died, and a 19 year old Carrie Fisher, both in CGI splendor, not to mention cameos from R2D2, C-3PO, and Darth Vader playing a prominent role, only to be magnificently tied in at the end to the start of Episode Four, A New Hope. You will be amazed how they do that. I will say no more. A la Marvel comics, "Enough said". GO SEE IT!
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Okay, guys........At the risk of appearing to be on dumbstruck teenager.............I think I can say the following without it being a spoiler.

Of course, I had to watch Rogue One tonight. I watched the first showing in 3D on an Epic Screen. All I can say is...................OH.........MY.........GOD!!!!!!

Yes, it is darker in tone, without the usual humor, and it is a sadder ending, but still, it is WOW!...............just WOW........incredible action and special effects, and at the risk of entering the uncanny valley, which I must say they actually did a darn good job of avoiding, they managed to include Grand Moff Tarkin 22 years AFTER sir Peter Cushing died, and a 19 year old Carrie Fisher, both in CGI splendor, not to mention cameos from R2D2, C-3PO, and Darth Vader playing a prominent role, only to be magnificently tied in at the end to the start of Episode Four, A New Hope. You will be amazed how they do that. I will say no more. A la Marvel comics, "Enough said". GO SEE IT!

May da Schwartz be wit you........
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

I intend to see Rogue One sometime soon.
    Tonight, however, I viewed another Christmas movie on DVD. I played my disc of the 2009 Disney animated version of A Christmas Carol starring Jim Carrey. The sheer artistry of the animation and scenery in this film always impresses me. And Alan Silvestri's soundtrack is just stirring, especially when Andrea Bocelli sings "God Bless Us, Every One," specifically written for the movie.

I just viewed the 80's classic A Christmas Story on DVD. I wonder if I should buy a replica leg lamp or a Red Ryder BB gun....

I just watched my DVD of Frozen for the umpteenth time. I just love hearing Idina Menzel belt out "Let It Go" at that point in the movie...

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    I just watched my DVD of Frozen for the umpteenth time. I just love hearing Idina Menzel belt out "Let It Go" at that point in the movie...
    The video sequence that goes with the song just makes the whole movie and the song, doesn't it?

Suits is getting quite interesting. I wonder if Donna and Harvey will ever get together.....
    "Say the Word"

This past Saturday night, I re-watched my Star Wars: The Force Awakens DVD. I followed that up with another viewing (also on DVD) of my favorite KP episode: Showdown At The Crooked D.

I got my copy of Dr. Strange. I also saw Logan tonight. It was excellent, very bittersweet.
    "Say the Word"