Any Good Movies or DVDs? - starting Fall 2010 until ? - Page 50
Global Justice Alliance

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: Any Good Movies or DVDs? - starting Fall 2010 until ?

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I watched Captain America: Civil War from a library DVD last night

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    It'll be interesting to see where Marvel takes Cap and the Avengers after the events in Civil War. Given the way things stand at the end of that film, I hope the writers haven't written themselves into a corner.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    It'll be interesting to see where Marvel takes Cap and the Avengers after the events in Civil War. Given the way things stand at the end of that film, I hope the writers haven't written themselves into a corner.
    The next film for the Captain will be the Avengers: Infinity Wars series. We will see Chris Pine reprise the role for those two movies. However, there are no plans after that. It is entirely possible that the Captain America as we know him on screen will be gone after the Infinity Wars, and that a new Captain America will appear. I got my copy of Dr. Strange today, 3D of course.
    "Say the Word"

Chris Pine? He plays Capt. Kirk in the new Star Trek films. You meant to say Chris Evans, right?

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    The next film for the Captain will be the Avengers: Infinity Wars series. We will see Chris Pine reprise the role for those two movies. However, there are no plans after that. It is entirely possible that the Captain America as we know him on screen will be gone after the Infinity Wars, and that a new Captain America will appear. I got my copy of Dr. Strange today, 3D of course.
    We must not allow a mine shaft gap.........
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Chris Pine? He plays Capt. Kirk in the new Star Trek films. You meant to say Chris Evans, right?
    Oops.................yeah, I meant Chris Evans. I get those two mixed up for some reason.
    "Say the Word"

Last weekend I saw the second Guardians Of The Galaxy film....excellent! This movie was as much fun as the first - only this time we got to know each character a little better. Kurt Russell & Sylvester Stallone also appear in this film, and they each have something important to contribute to the story. I highly recommend this movie - especially if you're a fan of the Marvel superhero films.
    Several weeks ago, I saw the live-action version of Disney's Beauty And The Beast. Emma Watson (from the Harry Potter films) gives a bravura performance as Belle, and Kevin Kline plays her father, Maurice. Wonderful film! They even included new sub-plots in the storyline, as well as several new songs, to make this version more appealing.
    Go and see both these films, if you haven't already.

I heartily recommend both movies as well.
    "Say the Word"

I pulled out my copy of Inside Out and watched it again the other night.

Today I bought two new DVDs: Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Disney's animated classic The Sword In The Stone. The latter film was on sale for $6.99, so I just couldn't pass up a bargain like that. Besides, I didn't own that one yet (but now I do).