How Was Your Day? Yclept Ye 14th Waan Ye Series
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? Yclept Ye 14th Waan Ye Series

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar

How Was Your Day? Yclept Ye 14th Waan Ye Series

Another long one, 14 hours today, 18 Friday, major project winding up. Here are a couple of links that were pretty cool http://ssi.org/ http://ssi.org/2010-conference-space...4/sm14-agenda/

Wish I could attend the Space Manufacturing Conference, I'd love to see the US spearhead what would amount to the next industrial revolution.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I was ordered to take down our Halloween decorations today, and pile them in our garage for my brother to pack away when he got home tonight. So I got out this morning and took them all down, except for the huge clothesline spiderweb across the front of the house (I helped my brother take that down and store it this evening after he'd stashed the rest of the outdoor stuff). I did my laundry this afternoon, and ran to my local Hobby Lobby to pick up some supplies I needed to complete my hand-made Christmas ornaments. I also picked up stuff for next year's ornaments already - the idea popped into my brain while I was looking through the displays of Christmas craft supplies at the store! How's that for planning ahead?
    I ate my dinner while watching the World Series on TV tonight, and now here I am on-line.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    This morning I went to the grocery store and to vote. As I did in 2008, I boycotted all the contests for offices and only voted on the 2 ballot initiatives that would reduce sales taxes. Even that was probably a waste of time. In 2012 I'll probably blow off the whole thing.

In the afternoon I took my cat to the vet for her checkup and also bought some apple cider.

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    This morning I went to the grocery store and to vote. As I did in 2008, I boycotted all the contests for offices and only voted on the 2 ballot initiatives that would reduce sales taxes. Even that was probably a waste of time. In 2012 I'll probably blow off the whole thing.

In the afternoon I took my cat to the vet for her checkup and also bought some apple cider.
    Lack of acceptable candidates or mahine politics rendering choices moot?
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post

Both of the above, Remember, I live in Massachusetts.

I did break my boycott in the special senate election earlier in the year, but only for the sake of finally putting a non-murderer in that seat.

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Well, I went and voted... some of the seats I just skipped - for example, they list two incumbent judges for a circuit court, and say to vote for not more than two. Yeah, sure.

One state proposal had my attention, though - Prop. 10-2, which basically would bar certain convicted felons from being elected to public office, specifically if the felony occurred while they held such an office. In other words, it's a proposal to bar Kwame Kilpatrick and those like him from trying to "make a comeback".

Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post

Both of the above, Remember, I live in Massachusetts.

I did break my boycott in the special senate election earlier in the year, but only for the sake of finally putting a non-murderer in that seat.
    No love for Aquaman?

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    I can hear the news going down the hall while I do homework... I voted by absentee ballot, so the election was out of my hands last Thursday. My guy lost 35% to 60%... Win some, lose some, I guess. I've tasted both side of the electron spectrum within the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Washington Post
    The Democratic caucus that returns to Capitol Hill in January is likely to be more liberal than before, after some of its most moderate and conservative members were wiped out in Tuesday's elections.

And in the tea party movement, Republicans must grapple with a new political force for whom compromise is seen as a problem, not a solution.

Particularly when it comes to spending, the safest vote for a Republican incumbent will be "no" ...
    Things are going to really suck for the next four years.

Here's the hope for the country that's keeping me going this evening: Despite the boom-bust, greed-is-good suckage of the 1980's, the recession in 1992, and the Shake N' Bake of Congress in 1994, the 1990's eventually hosted the biggest economic boom in American history, and is a time that most people now look back on fondly. (Or so I think. I was 10 at the decade's close.)

If only history will be kind enough to repeat itself... Or at least rhyme.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    the biggest economic boom in American history,
    Sure looked that way. Too bad it all turned out to be smoke & mirrors.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    the biggest economic boom in American history,
    Sure looked that way. Too bad it all turned out to be smoke & mirrors.
    True, true. Looking at the historical DJIA, we seem to follow 20-year cycles of growth and stagnation... We boom for 20 years, then stagger sideways for 20 years. Since 2000, we've basically sputtered sideways, so hopefully we've only got another 10 years of sluggish, discontented malaise (Yay! ) before we're primed for another epic boom - I'll be 30 by that time. During that time (2020-2040), hopefully I can get disgustingly rich, become independently wealthy, and have enough cash on hand to insulate myself from and ride out the 2040-2060 flatline.

...And hopefully by 2060 we'll have "full prosthetic" robotic bodies, so I can transplant my 70-year-old brain into a factory-fresh "mid-20's" model.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.