EPCOT in 5,151 Pictures (stop-motion photography)
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EPCOT in 5,151 Pictures (stop-motion photography)

Registered User Senior Member Muzzlehatch's Avatar

EPCOT in 5,151 Pictures (stop-motion photography)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I9_32B8eQE

He goes past Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure HQ at 8:08.
    Kim Possible, the REAL Disney princess!

Administrator Senior Member Greenmandmz's Avatar
    Wow, that's quite the production. 6 hours of taking pictures and 12 hours of editing, eh? Don't know if I'd have the discipline for something like that! Thanks for sharing!
    Gah! Quit mocking me. -AinoMinako
    [I]

Kim & Ron: Best of friends!

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzlehatch View Post
    Thanks for the link, Muzzlehatch! So it seems the KP Adventure in EPCOT is still going strong, judging by what I read in the reviews. That's encouraging; it means that KP is not going to become the "forgotten woman" of the Disney pantheon - not with responses like these!
    I just wish Disney Channel would take a hint from KPWSA's success, and put the show back on their schedule....

Thumbs up KPWSA to end?

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzlehatch View Post
    Yeah, I just read that article.
    Despite the fact that "...The attraction was well received, and continues full throttle today," and that "...Management is very pleased with the number of people who continue to participate in the Kim Possible experience," they want to do away with KP when they redo EPCOT. To wit:
    And what about Epcot? It's going to be rebooted, with Kim Possible herself and the "Kimmunicator" phones literally getting the boot. The implementation of the new system will more likely happen after the Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom get their systems in. But it is being planned. Management is very pleased with the number of people who continue to participate in the Kim Possible experience. And that's why they want to continue the experience at Epcot, but with a character that has a more permanent place in the Disney family.
    Oh, for pity's sake! Kim is a permanent member of the Disney family! IMHO, Disney management pretty much shot themselves in the foot by not marketing KP here in the U.S. as aggressively as she's been marketed in Germany - to say nothing about the way her show's been pushed out of the schedule to accommodate more repeats of their live-action programming! KP's gotten rave reviews from critics here at home, as well as winning major awards for children's television programming, yet they want to consign her to history's dustbin in order to make way for "the next Big Thing," whatever the heck that is. I say if the EPCOT attraction's popular and it's pulling in a lot of participants, keep it up and running. What's that old adage? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." That certainly applies here, my friends.
    BTW, did you read that comment that one fellow posted about how when Winnie the Pooh became more profitable than Mickey Mouse, Disney responded by shoving more mouse down our throats? Like he said, it may all have started with a mouse, but there's more to today's Disney Studios than just Mickey, Donald, Goofy, et al.
    It all comes down to an arbitrary, ill-informed decision by management. Bureaucrats....

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Yeah, but there's one big thing missing here, guys........KP is the only one of these characters who has never had a true theatrical release done. If only that had happened. I think she would have been even more successful.
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Yeah, but there's one big thing missing here, guys........KP is the only one of these characters who has never had a true theatrical release done. If only that had happened. I think she would have been even more successful.
    You're absolutely right! Point well taken.

I could get angry about what's happening here, but I'm just so tired of all this. Just so damn tired.

Wasn't that the whole story of Kim, all along? People love her, and she's popular. But she always has to go away. Why?

I had to sign petitions with my own blood to get her saved from cancellation. Why did I have to fight for her existence? This company will never give Kim the same respect her fans do.

It seems...KP will always be a forgotten, pushed aside, second-rate character. My heart aches, and my mind screams. Kim never wanted me to feel that way, but I can't help the emotions.

Well, I have news......I will never, never, never forget her. She's my friend, and my hero. She will always be my favortie girl. I want to see her, and I want to be with her.

I heard somewhere that Disney found out once that Winnie-the-Pooh was more popular than Mickey Mouse and so they cut down on his exposure. I guess that it's all due to marketing and image. I came to Kim Possible fandom late in the game (2008) and have no inside knowledge of her popularity and profitability but she did break the 65 episode barrier and probably has more fanart and fanfiction inspired by her than any other Disney character. Maybe she has too great a following. I hope that the KPWSA gets transferred to Paris or Tokyo Disneyland, maybe that's what they will do with it.