Merchandise and Collectibles: Summer 2011 Edition
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merchandise and Collectibles: Summer 2011 Edition

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Merchandise and Collectibles: Summer 2011 Edition

Well, I inventoried my entire KP merchandise collection.
    I had to pack it up and move it to my storage cubicle, in order to clear stuff out of the spare bedroom so my niece Sarah can move in with us soon. So while transferring it all to some sturdy plastic storage tubs, I printed out my last version of my merchandise list and checked what I had against it. I discovered I had a page and a half of items I hadn't listed on the previous list, mostly because I didn't update it every time I bought a new item (the way I do with my CD and DVD inventories). I've now corrected that error, having updated my list and made appropriate editorial changes as well. Here, then, is my current KP merchandise list:

MY KIM POSSIBLE MERCHANDISE COLLECTION
    Updated July 5, 2011

• The Kim Possible beanbag doll in her mission clothes
    • The Kim Possible poseable doll w/magnetic hands & feet
    • The KP TV show soundtrack CD
    • The KP “Secret Files” DVD
    • The KP “A Sitch In Time” DVD
    • All 8 McDonald's KP Happy Meal toys
    • The KP diary that plays a recording of Kim's voice when you open it.
    • The KP beach towel w/free beach ball
    • The eight-figure KP playset
    • The KP "cheerleader" lunch tote & "canteen" (really just an insulated cup w/a lid on it) – says “So Not the Drama” on its side
    • The KP "cheerleader" backpack
    • 7 of the 8 Cine-Manga books
    • 12 novelizations:
    "Killigan's Island"
    "Royal Pain"
    "Monkey Business"
    "Downhill"
    "Showdown At Camp Wannaweep"
    "Bueno Nacho"
    "The New Ron"
    "Attack of The Killer Bebes"
    "Tweeb Trouble"
    “Extreme” (about Adrena-Lynn)
    “Cloned” (Kimitation Nation)
    "Grudge Match." (about Jackie the Jackal)

• The large paperback, "The Kim Possible Files"
    • The puzzle book, "Code Word: Kim"
    • The Kim Possible board game
    • 2 KP posters - "Cheerleader by day..." and "She can do anything"
    • The Kim Possible 2005 calendar from Megacalendars.com
    • The 14” tall Kim Possible rag doll
    • The 5 ˝” tall Kim Possible keychain doll
    • The 10” long, 6 ˝” diameter “Kim Possible University” barrel bag (light blue w/black straps, has a picture of Kim in her cheerleader outfit waving her pom-poms)
    • The Kim Possible "cheerleader" wallet (matches the lunch tote & backpack)
    • The KP talking “Snowboard Adventure” figure
    • The Ron Stoppable talking “Rocket Ron Adventure” figure
    • KP "School Day Adventures" figure
    • Rufus plush figure (8-10" tall)
    • 30-piece "3 Adventures Of Kim Possible" playset
    • The KP “Kick & Cheer” Deluxe fashion doll
    • The KP “Shopping Avenger” doll
    • 3 Kim Possible coloring books:
    Coloring & Activity book (ISBN 1-59394-517-5)
    Sticker Activity Book With Pull Out Poster (ISBN 1-59394-443-8)
    Crayon & Marker Activity Book (ISBN 1-59394-447-0)
    • "Kim Possible & Bonnie” Mini-Fashion Dolls
    • "Club Banana Kim" fashion doll
    • The Kim Possible cheerleader doll with "mission clothes" outfit also included (A Disney Store exclusive)
    • The Ron Stoppable posable doll with magnetic hands and feet
    • The KP digital wristwatch (A Disney Store exclusive)
    • The Kim Possible bedroom lamp (Ordered from Disney Store Online; arrived 12-15-04)
    • Kim Possible nesting dolls (Set of four - a Disney Store exclusive)
    • The KP “Villain Files” DVD
    • Hallmark KP stickers...part of their "party express" line (Two packages of four sheets; each containing eight stickers)
    • Kimmunicator walkie-talkies (two to a set; actual working 2-way radios)
    • The Kim Possible “Top Secret Listening Kit." (Two of these; one has a note pad and a pen that looks like a lipstick, the other just has the mirrored sunglasses as a bonus.)
    • Kim Possible valentines – set of 32 fold & seal cards with heart-shaped seals (bought two boxes)
    • The “Boo Ya” Rufus “Beanpossible” doll (from the same line-up as my Kim Possible beanbag doll)
    • The Kim Possible “Badical Boxed Set #1” – contains four novelizations of KP episodes and a free refrigerator magnet. Books in the set:
    "Downhill"
    "Showdown At Camp Wannaweep"
    "Bueno Nacho"
    "The New Ron" (Note: these duplicate four books already in my collection.)
    • The Kim Possible “Mission To Dance” doll
    • A second Kim Possible beach towel - features Kim standing in front of a red & blue background, wearing a yellow tank top, blue jeans, and light blue shoes (A Disney Store exclusive)
    • A 16-oz. box of “Cap’n Crunch” cereal with “Kim Possible” promotional artwork on it
    • A Hallmark "Kim Possible" birthday card - it's part of the "Connections from Hallmark" line, costs $2.86, and has the catalog number "GKB 204 N" above the company's address on the back.
    • The Kim Possible snowglobe (Ordered from Disney Store Online 3-28-05; arrived 4-1-05)
    • The Kim Possible “Secret Gadget Kit” – contains a secret lipstick pen, compact mirror decoder and notepad, flip-out revealer comb and magnifier, light-up ring, and five KP mission cards.
    • The second Kim Possible calendar – the one with episode scenes on each month’s page
    • The Kim Possible "Save The World Kit" - a cardboard box made to look like Kim's high-school hall locker (even inside) that contains: a book of coded messages (a Kim Possible story that asks the reader to decode the messages as they go along); a "Kimmunicator" decoder to crack them (a cardboard wheel decoder shaped like the Kimmunicator; it has the code symbol in one window and the corresponding letter of the alphabet in the other. As you turn the wheel, you see them all in alphabetical order); sunglasses that let you see what's behind you (they have mirror strips on the edge of each lens), and an iron-on patch of Rufus. (Ordered from Barnes & Noble.com on 3-31-05; arrived 4-5-05.)
    • The second KP soundtrack - which has the songs from "So The Drama" included. They gave us "Could It Be" by CCR, as well as the movie mix of "Call Me! Beep Me!" by Angela Michael. They also included "Rappin' Drakken," which wasn't in the movie. In order to make room for the new songs on this disc, they dropped "This Year" by A*Teens, and "Work It Out" by Brassy. The rest of the songs from the first disc remain on the second.
    • a Ron Stoppable beanbag doll, wearing his civilian clothes: red jersey, khaki cargo pants.
    • Yet another KP mini-doll set: "Middleton High Cheerleader." It features just one mini-doll - Kim - in the package, wearing her cheerleader outfit. It also has a pair of sweatpants in the Middleton High colors, as well as Kim's Season One green tank top and blue pants to dress her in. It also contains a pair of pom-poms, a second pair of shoes, and a hairbrush to go with the second outfit.
    • a "Kim Possible" mini-snow globe - about 2 1/2 inches tall; features Kim standing in the globe in a combat pose while holding her Kimmunicator. Ron and Rufus are crouching around the base.
    • The Kim Possible “So The Drama” poster given away free at the local YMCA to promote the "YMCA Healthy Kids Day (April 2)” – I got two copies.
    • The beanbag doll of Kim in her “civilian” clothes: Green bare-midriff top, blue pants, and gray sneakers.
    • Four Kim Possible “Pick A Villain!” books:
    “Game On!”
    “Masters of Mayhem”
    “Badical Battles”
    “So Not the Drama!”
    • Another mini-doll set: “Middleton Museum Caper.” Dolls of Kim & Ron in their mission clothes, along with Egyptian artifacts and “clue cards.”
    • KP fashion doll Club Banana Accessory Kit
    • Another mini-doll set: “Kim & Josh – First Date”
    • Another mini-doll set: Kim & Ron – Fast Food Amigos.” Kim & Ron in their “Bueno Nacho” uniforms with some play food accessories.
    • “Bueno Nacho Rufus” Wigglin’ Character (Bobblehead doll)
    • KP zippered notebook organizer (personalized with my initials)
    • Another KP backpack – says “She Can Do Anything” on it.
    • Disney Monopoly Junior board game – features KP among the Disney Channel characters and shows.
    • Another KP backpack with a matching attachable lunch tote
    • KP beverage cup with a flexible straw & detachable lid
    • KP “Back to School” wallet
    • KP “Back to School” zippered pencil case
    • KP cereal (or snack) bowl
    • KP mini-beverage tumbler
    • KP “Twist & Twirl” drinking straw
    • Vinyl KP tote bag with cell phone pouch
    • KP “Pocket Pop” lollipop cover & handle – handle is a figure of Kim, kneeling and waving her pom-poms.
    • “School Spirit Kim” fashion doll
    • KP “Our Family Tree” cheerleader doll (a Disney Store exclusive for Christmas)
    • Another KP lunch tote & drink bottle
    • Another mini-doll set: “Kim & Monique: Shopping Friends”
    • Another mini-doll set: “Kim & Bonnie.” Contains different outfits than the first set featuring these two characters.
    • KP “Storybook Ornament Set.” Contains eight ornaments that look like the eight-figure playset.
    • Another KP birthday card. This one has Kim in her cheer uniform. From the “Expressions” line by Hallmark; $3.69 US. Code JKB 123 L in lower right-hand corner of the card’s back.

I apologize for the length of this post. Like I said earlier, I added another page and a half to my existing list to produce a Word document that's almost four pages long! But this list covers every KP item I own, not counting the video tapes I recorded myself of all the episodes. But everything else is there. It comes to a total of 116 items on the list, although I really own 119 due to my buying duplicates of several items - to keep one in mint condition while using the other.

To protect them in my cubicle (which is basically an outdoor shed and not climate-controlled; the cubicle itself is about as big as a one-car garage), I packed everything in plastic tubs with snap-on lids, then sealed each tub shut with plastic packing tape. As long as the tubs stay sealed, I figure it'll all keep OK out there.
    - I just wish I didn't have to do this.....

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I guess renting a small 5x5 climate controlled storage space isn't an option, huh? I hate to see your collection exposed to the vagaries of climate, especially in Go City.
    "Say the Word"

Good to see I'm not the only one with a list like that. But I don't see any bowling balls on your list...

The only thing you might want to worry about is how hot it will get.

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Wow... that is a lot of stuff...

I don't think I've ever had a collection that extensive dedicated to one thing. Transformers are probably the closest, in that my collection now is probably larger than when I was young and the G1 toys were still new (while I did have to start over, my collection now spans several series' worth of characters).

I take that back, I do have a sizable comic book collection from the 80s and 90s, mostly Marvel stuff... but it's not exactly the most well-preserved collection. (Heaven help me that I actually like to go back and read them from time to time...)

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I guess renting a small 5x5 climate controlled storage space isn't an option, huh? I hate to see your collection exposed to the vagaries of climate, especially in Go City.
    Unfortunately, no. Renting such a space just for the KP stuff would only add to my monthly expenses. And I'm really not sure if it'd be cheaper to move everything into an indoor unit - and that's my only other option right now; one which I fear might cost more per month than my present sitch.
    Besides the few things I already have on display in my room (the two snow globes; the posable Kim doll with magnetic hands & feet; a KP poster from one of the coloring books; the soundtrack CDs; all the DVDs; the KP beanbag doll in her mission clothes; the eight-piece playset; the cell-phone charms, and the KP lamp), I kept the McDonald's "Happy Meal" toys; and I also kept all the books and "Disney Adventures" issues that featured KP. The rest of the stuff, like I said in my first post, was put in four brand-new plastic storage tubs that were clean & dry. They have lids that snap on top of them; three actually have hinged latches that clip onto the lids - said latches also serve as handles when the tubs are closed. In addition, I sealed each tub shut by taping its lid on with some plastic packing tape. That way, I know that my KP collection will stay clean & dry.
    My one concern, which smithers pointed out, is the effects of heat on my collection - especially the batteries in the talking toys. I tested the KP "Snowboard Adventure” figure, the talking “Rocket Ron Adventure” figure; and the “Kick & Cheer” deluxe fashion doll, and all three still worked OK. I guess the lithium (?) batteries in those things do last a lot longer than the old chemical types, but will heat (or cold) ruin them? Or is it enough that I've packed them away in a shaded storage area, out of direct exposure to the elements?
    I really hate this - I fervently wish I had a place of my own where I could store things away yet still have quick access to them if I so desired. If I want anything out of my cubicle, I have to drive to the facility; enter my security code at the gate; drive across the lot to my cubicle; unlock & open the door; then spend time searching for the items I want. It's a royal pain in the tuckus, if you get my meaning....

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post

Updated July 5, 2011

Which item is your very favorite? If you could keep only one thing what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebub View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post

Updated July 5, 2011

Which item is your very favorite? If you could keep only one thing what would it be?
    Probably the KP beanbag doll in her mission clothes. That's one of the items I elected to keep at home, instead of putting in storage.

Registered User Veteran Member
    I had to stop reading about 70 pieces in because the envy factor was far too great, seriously. Give us a statistic. How many pieces are there in this collection?
    Manofevil: Author of the Kimmunist Manifesto, writer, statesman, and founder of modern Kimmunism.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofevil View Post
    I had to stop reading about 70 pieces in because the envy factor was far too great, seriously. Give us a statistic. How many pieces are there in this collection?
    About 122, counting several other items I have in duplicate (which I forgot to include in the total in my first post).

Re: Merchandise and Collectibles: Summer 2011 Edition

Merchandise Update: I just ordered a couple of KP items I didn't know existed until tonight - a KP dinner plate, about 8" in diameter, with a pic of Kim in a combat couch against a blue background with the phrase "What's the Sitch?" above her in green letters; and a trtansparent green plastic drink tumbler with Kim's and Ron's pictures on it, and a spiral drinking straw that wraps around the outside of the glass. I bought these on eBay, and I should get them by August 30 at the latest.
    My apologies for gravedigging this thread, but I felt I had to tell you all the good news.
    EDIT: The drinking glass is called the "Twist Tumbler."