What are you currently reading? Volume 4: - Page 48
Global Justice Alliance

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading? Volume 4:

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Currently rereading Diamonds Are Forever (1956), the fourth James Bond novel by Ian Fleming.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Boning up on CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) before I go back to work.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Boning up on CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) before I go back to work.
    I think I'll wait for the movie...

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Who do you think should play the lead? Brad Pitt, or Leo DiCaprio?

As for me, I'm still enjoying the Longmire short stories in Craig Johnson's tome, Wait For Signs.
    There's some seriously good writing in that book....

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post

As for me, I'm still enjoying the Longmire short stories in Craig Johnson's tome, Wait For Signs.
    Actually, Luis Guzman! Look him up. You'll recognize him. There is a hilarious story about a friend of my father who lived and practiced as a caardiovascular surgeon in Amarillo, Texas, a very articulate and educated man. He is long deceased now, but lived a good life with his wife and children. The story goes that one day, he was out in the yard of his mansion sized house just relaxing and was picking out weeds in the front lawn, which he liked to do on weekends for a bit of exercise. The gentleman was of Mexican extraction and was of a very swarthy appearance. He was dressed in old clothes and a mestizo hat which he used for this purpose when he could get down and dirty working on his yard. As he was sitting down on the lawn picking out weeds, a large cadillac rolled up and the window opened and an elderly lady looked out at him and asked, "You do a wonderful job of keeping the lawn, sir. How much do you charge for your work?"

Without missing a beat, the surgeon looked up at the lady with his best smile and answered in a thickly accented voice, "I geet to sleep weeth the lady of the house."
    "Say the Word"

Actually, Luis Guzman! Look him up. You'll recognize him. There is a hilarious story about a friend of my father who lived and practiced as a caardiovascular surgeon in Amarillo, Texas, a very articulate and educated man. He is long deceased now, but lived a good life with his wife and children. The story goes that one day, he was out in the yard of his mansion sized house just relaxing and was picking out weeds in the front lawn, which he liked to do on weekends for a bit of exercise. The gentleman was of Mexican extraction and was of a very swarthy appearance. He was dressed in old clothes and a mestizo hat which he used for this purpose when he could get down and dirty working on his yard. As he was sitting down on the lawn picking out weeds, a large cadillac rolled up and the window opened and an elderly lady looked out at him and asked, "You do a wonderful job of keeping the lawn, sir. How much do you charge for your work?"

Without missing a beat, the surgeon looked up at the lady with his best smile and answered in a thickly accented voice, "I geet to sleep weeth the lady of the house."
    There's a story circulating that a similar thing happened to Groucho Marx, while he was out working in his front yard. When the female driver of the Caddy asked him how much the lady of the house paid him, Groucho just wiggled his eyebrows and replied, "I don't know about the pay, but the lady of the house lets me sleep with her daughter!" Horrified, the woman drove off without another word...

Back On-Topic:
    I finished the Longmire short story tome, Wait For Signs, and have started on the first novel, The Cold Dish.

There's a story circulating that a similar thing happened to Groucho Marx, while he was out working in his front yard. When the female driver of the Caddy asked him how much the lady of the house paid him, Groucho just wiggled his eyebrows and replied, "I don't know about the pay, but the lady of the house lets me sleep with her daughter!" Horrified, the woman drove off without another word...

Back On-Topic:
    I finished the Longmire short story tome, Wait For Signs, and have started on the first novel, The Cold Dish.
    Yes, I have heard of that story with Groucho. However, in this case, it actually happened.

Still reading the Darkover series. I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by jeriddian; 04-29-2020 at 10:03 PM.
    "Say the Word"

Still reading The Cold Dish. Craig Johnson is one very good writer!
    Before long, I'll have to order the next two books via Amazon, like I did with these two.

Having finished reading Craig Johnson's Longmire tomes Death Without Company and Kindness Goes Unpunished, I am currently rereading The World At War: The Landmark Oral History From The Classic TV Series by Richard Holmes while awaiting the next Longmire novels. I'm supposed to get them delivered tomorrow.

Continuing the Darkover series........
    "Say the Word"