What are you currently reading? Volume 4: - Page 50
Global Justice Alliance

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: What are you currently reading? Volume 4:

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Now reading Elevator Pitch, a 2019 thriller by Canadian author Linwood Barclay.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Still waiting on some of my favorite series to put out the next volumes. I hate waiting.........
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I still have a lot of Longmire books to buy & read yet. In fact, I just heard that Craig Johnson recently published a new book in the series. Once I finish reading about the Wright Brothers, I'll probably order the next two Longmires.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I finished reading the book about the Wright Brothers, and then I started a book titled "Guts N' Gunships: What It Was Really Like To Fly Combat Helicopters In Vietnam" by Mark Garrison. It's a slim volume, yet it's packed with detailed accounts of being a helicopter pilot in that war. Dr. Garrison (he's a retired chiropractor now) tells how the pilots lived, fought, and played in Vietnam. He writes that he flew both transport Hueys (referred to as "Slicks"), and armed Hueys ("Gunships"). He preferred flying the gunships, since he came to hate flying troops into a landing zone & not being able to shoot back at the enemy while they were firing at his aircraft. It's a good book, and I highly recommend it (same for the Wright Brothers book).
    It took me just a couple of days to read that; now I'm rereading Barry Manilow's autobiography, "Sweet Life: Adventures On The Way To Paradise."