What Are You Watching? Episode 8
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching? Episode 8

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar

What Are You Watching? Episode 8

Well, I'll start off this new thread with coming home after a long day and turning on the tube just to see what was there. I managed to catch a couple of episodes of NCIS before I turned the boob tube off.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    ....I managed to catch a couple of episodes of NCIS before I turned the boob tube off.
    My father used to refer to television that way! It was usually when he was yelling at us for watching too much TV instead of concentrating on "what was really important."

I watched a special on Military Channel titled Nazi London. The host, a London cabdriver named Harry Harris (who closely resembles Adam Savage from Mythbusters, but sounds like the Geigo gecko when he speaks) talked about the various Nazi sympathizers, spies and German nationals who lived in London during World War II. Some really interesting stuff there....

Ernie "Turtleman" Brown on Call Of The Wildman.

And the last half of Highlander (1986). Seen it about 50 times already since high school...

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    On TCM: Cary Grant and Grace Kelly in Alfred Hitchcock's To Catch a Thief (1955).

On Science Channel tonight I watched Trek Nation. That's a documentary Gene Roddenberry, Jr. did about his father, who created Star Trek, and how Gene Jr. didn't realize what kind of impact the show had on the world until some years after his father died. It also depicts Gene Jr's quest to get to know his father better - he was only 17 and a rebellious teen-ager when Gene Sr. passed away in 1991. In the documentary, Gene Jr. expressed regret at not having as close a relationship with his father as he could have.
    This is a real interesting program which includes rare film footage from one of the first Star Trek conventions held in New York City back in the early 1970's.

On TCM: Knute Rockne All American, a 1940 Warner Bros. biopic starring Pat O'Brien. With Ronald Reagan as the Gipper.

On TNT tonight, they were running Terminator Salvation starring Christian Bale as John Connor. It's not a bad movie, except anything running on that network gets glutted with commercials...!

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    On TNT tonight, they were running Terminator Salvation starring Christian Bale as John Connor. It's not a bad movie, except anything running on that network gets glutted with commercials...!
    Not bad, but I wonder what T5 will be like.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I found it interesting that Dallas Bryce Howard played his wife (the Claire Danes part from T3)
    "Say the Word"

Sportscasters' disappointment is almost palpable as Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos win another game. (On Fox Network.)