My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 4
Global Justice Alliance

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Hahaha! That was pretty good. Personally I really like the "ponifcation" of the "Two Best Friends Play..." series.

"Two Best Sisters Play Portal 2" http://youtu.be/L0cY2NWlddU

Someone who's really good at Flash animation took the audio from the "Best Friends" series and put Luna and Celestia on top. CONTENT WARNING! The original audio has a lot of swearing, and the Pony version doesn't censor it.

====

Check out this video of John de Lancie (Q from Star Trek) bringing up MLP at a recent Comic Con.

http://youtu.be/eu3iib5xkhA

He really summed up the fandom in an amazing way. And it's pretty incredible how he's gone from going "WTF is this?" to producing a $60,000+ documentary about the fandom.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I watched the vid of John de Lancie at the Comicon talking about MLP:FiM.
    Comparing the show's underlying theme (optimism and hope for the future) to that of Star Trek - wow.
    No wonder the show appeals to more than just the kiddies....
    And if Mr. de Lancie can embrace MLP:FiM, well then, who am I to feel embarrassed about watching this show? Cartoons ain't just for kids anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post

....two background characters who have...really taken off in the Brony community. The white pony is Vinyl Scratch (stage name DJ P0N3) and the gray one is Octavia. Scratch is something of a mascot for the fandom's musicians who prefer electronic, dubstep and club music, and Octavia serves the same for the lovers of more classical, traditional styles. They're commonly paired together as friends/roomates, because their wildly different music tastes make ample opportunity for sparks to fly.
    I saw an episode of MLP: FiM today that featured Vinyl Scratch in a cameo appearance. It was the ep where Rarity agrees to make new gowns for all her friends, and they decide to put on a fashion show wearing her creations so's to impress some important Canterlot fashion critic. Scratch is the DJ who provides the music as the ponies each parade down the catwalk.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Old news by this point, but the Brony Documentary has been funded.

And by 'funded,' I mean really, really funded.

And by 'really, really funded,' I mean they hauled a $348,164 GRAND TOTAL.

I kicked in $30 to get a digital download of the project and my name in the credits. Can't let history pass me by, after all.

The Kickstarter submission period has ended, but for those who still want in on the project, the Paypal account at www.bronydoc.com will remain open for upgrades and new pledges.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    *sigh*

Okay... many of my online buddies are self-professed bronies... my best friend is a fan of the show as well (she recently started watching it herself)... one of my friends has even made pony sprites for some desktop project thingy... there was even a brony panel at Youmacon last year, not to mention "human ponies" (amazing, considering it's a case of Western animation taking hold at a Japanese-themed convention)... and Netflix keeps suggesting it on my Instant Watch page...

... so I guess I'm going to have to give the series a proper try.

Give it a try, kyoji. The songs alone are worth a look - especially since, as 'chutes once put it, many of them sound as though they belong in a Broadway musical.
    And the characters are quite endearing, too.

My favorite ponies:

1. Applejack - she reminds me of Kim's cousin Joss, and I've always been kind of partial towards the freckle-faced, down-home, innocent "country girl" type.
    2. Rainbow Dash - she can fly!! (I'm a pilot - what more can I say?)
    3. Twilight Sparkle - like myself, she's an intellectual who loves to read.

Ended up going through all 52 episodes thus far, and all I can say is... wow.

I think I really started to turn with "The Return of Harmony". I mean, after all, you've got John freaking de Lancie basically playing a version of Q who's totally using his powers entirely for the lulz and getting off on it immensely...

... then there were little things, like Richard Newman as Cranky (Doodle) Donkey - Rhinox on a really bad day (or as a Predacon/Vehicon) until the very end...

... and then, the wedding. Totally crazy stuff going on, including a freaking Beam-O-War, practically DBZ-style? (Or DBZ Abridged, since it didn't actually take two full episodes... but I digress.)

I guess it should've been inevitable, given my own history... I am, after all, an old Sailor Moon fan, and I even have a few songs from that show still in my anime soundtrack playlist. (And sure enough, there's a PMV featuring "The Power Of Love".)

Never thought I'd say this, but... I like My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. I'm even looking forward to season 3 almost as much as the continuation of season 2 of Transformers: Prime!

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyojikasshu View Post
    I guess it should've been inevitable, given my own history... I am, after all, an old Sailor Moon fan, and I even have a few songs from that show still in my anime soundtrack playlist. (And sure enough, there's a PMV featuring "The Power Of Love".)
    I was expecting a remake of either Celine Dion or Huey Lewis, but this is a completely different song. Hmmmmmm...........I still like the first two better, I must say. But it is a nice song.
    "Say the Word"

I actually hate hate HATE the Dion (actually originally Jennifer Rush) song. My mom used to play the original version somewhat frequently around the time I was in high school...

... wait, where was I? Oh, yeah, ponies. I'm already imagining strange things because of this series...

... for example, I could totally see Team Four Star incorporating Equestria into Dragon Ball Z Abridged - it would replace planet Yardrat as the place where Goku got his funny clothes (would be via Rarity, of course) and learned how to teleport (via Twilight Sparkle) during his time between leaving the exploding Namek and returning to Earth. Of course, he'd totally get along with Pinkie Pie...

Then I found the Ponymaker on the Hubworld website... and after much experimentation, came up with this:

Yes, I Ponyfied Waspinator from Beast Wars. The goggles around his neck represent the original's beast-mode head forming his robot-mode chest. After capturing the image from the site, I edited out the pedestal and pasted in the Predacon symbol on his helmet.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyojikasshu View Post
    I actually hate hate HATE the Dion (actually originally Jennifer Rush) song. My mom used to play the original version somewhat frequently around the time I was in high school...

... wait, where was I? Oh, yeah, ponies. I'm already imagining strange things because of this series...

... for example, I could totally see Team Four Star incorporating Equestria into Dragon Ball Z Abridged - it would replace planet Yardrat as the place where Goku got his funny clothes (would be via Rarity, of course) and learned how to teleport (via Twilight Sparkle) during his time between leaving the exploding Namek and returning to Earth. Of course, he'd totally get along with Pinkie Pie...

Then I found the Ponymaker on the Hubworld website... and after much experimentation, came up with this:

Yes, I Ponyfied Waspinator from Beast Wars. The goggles around his neck represent the original's beast-mode head forming his robot-mode chest. After capturing the image from the site, I edited out the pedestal and pasted in the Predacon symbol on his helmet.
    Cool pic!

And I actually didn't care that much for the Celine Dion version either. The song actually was done by several artists before her and never was popular until she did it. I actually liked Laura Branigan's version myself.
    "Say the Word"