Global Justice Alliance

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kyojikasshu View Post

Raven likes ponies...

And yes, the new Teen Titans Go! cartoon uses the same VAs for the main characters as the series it's based on, so that's Tara Strong as Raven.
    And I caught the start of that episode tonight. That "Pony" show she was watching is indeed a spoof of MLP:FiM.
    God......even the animation there going down hill. The previous TT show was definitely better inits art work......nobody gives a damn about quality work anymore.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post

Raven likes ponies...

And yes, the new Teen Titans Go! cartoon uses the same VAs for the main characters as the series it's based on, so that's Tara Strong as Raven.
    And I caught the start of that episode tonight. That "Pony" show she was watching is indeed a spoof of MLP:FiM.
    God......even the animation there going down hill. The previous TT show was definitely better inits art work......nobody gives a damn about quality work anymore.
    Actually, I think the series' producers did that on purpose. This show seems aimed at the younger viewers, since it has a more light-hearted theme. The Teen Titans aren't going out to face bad guys in this show; instead they're shown dealing with the problems of day-to-day living. The comedy arises from a bunch of super heroes dealing with the ordinary, mundane world like the normal folks do. Hence the more "cartoonish" drawing style - it's intended to make the viewer laugh, or at least smile, at first sight.
    If anything, the animation style reminds me of that Disney XD animated series Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil. That show's characters are drawn in a fashion similar to this one's.

It's still a shame they don't try to attract a slightly older audience.
    "Say the Word"

Just found the first fan animation in spanish!!Its called "Hijo de la Luna", and the story is about a gypsy woman that summons the moon in order to have a son, the animation obviously relies a lot in the image of Princess Luna . The music playing is by the band Mecano, and they are considered one of the most important groups in the history of spanish pop, and I would go as far as calling them the spanish Beatles, since they started as a poppy group and turned into one of the most awesome of all the spanish groups ever!

The only thing that bugs me its the quality of the sound, it's so bad man!! But the animation is great and the song is so amazing!

eit: I am an idiot the gypsy summons the moon so she can get married, in return, the moon ask for her firstborn son.

here is the fan animation video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WXMHZS-KP4

and here is the song, a better version so you can enjoy it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX132gcJxq8

Looks good TweebČ, Good art work too. The sound doesn't seem that bad to me though.
    "Say the Word"

I feel the sound is a little bit burned, specially in the "s" sound, I can hear it like a little hum....anyway, if anyone feels distracted by that that's why I posted another Youtube video with the song, so you can mute the mlp one and play it with the other one

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar

So, yeah, I actually went and saw Equestria Girls in the theater this morning. I didn't go alone - I went with my nephew and his friends, and there were plenty of other bronies in the audience.

I have to say it was actually pretty decent. The crowd cheered at the end, the reception was very positive.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

So, yeah, I actually went and saw Equestria Girls in the theater this morning. I didn't go alone - I went with my nephew and his friends, and there were plenty of other bronies in the audience.

I have to say it was actually pretty decent. The crowd cheered at the end, the reception was very positive.
    What's this Equestria Girls? A theatrical film based on MLP:FiM?

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar

For those who don't know, it's basically a TV/DVD movie (no big-budget ramp-up) featuring a parallel world where everyone's human (except still Technicolor People, kind of like Doug). Twilight has to cross into this world to retrieve an item stolen from her.

Basically, the fandom has been apprehensive since the announcement, and highly suspicious about the forthcoming toyline - it might work with the target demo, but the periphery is likely to stay away from these dolls in droves. The common belief is that Hasbro's initiated this brand extension in order to compete with Mattel's Monster High.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muVfi...ature=youtu.be I couldn't remember if this one had been posted before or not, but it's up there with the MIT tin foil hat analysis .
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”