My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 19
Global Justice Alliance

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

It is available on DVD or DVD/Blu-ray combo pack (the latter is what I got).

On a side note... just picked up issue 10 of the comic, and there's a nice and subtle reference to the Star Trek episode "Return of the Archons" in the background of the bottom panel on page 5.

(It's subtle if you don't know the episode, anyway; for me, it sticks out pretty significantly.)

Registered User Veteran Member hrodwulf123's Avatar

And so I was browsing the "Know Your Meme" and in the "Cringeworthy" gallery I've found a link to this video titled "Equestria Girls - Live Action Music Video ": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IgfMSqhvqc

What's with all the hate people? Is it because it features the characters as little girls which are the intended demographic for MLP franchise? Or is it something else? I'm confused.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar

From what I've read on Tumblr, the issue is that there aren't any vivid PoC (People of Color - Indian, Latino, Black, etc) in the Mane 6. I believe Rarity's actress might be of Asian descent, though. Not sure, as I haven't seen the commercial and have sidestepped the issue on my Tumblr feed.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

It Begins!!!

A lot of the stills that have been popping out recently seem to be true, and one of the animatics that where shown at Comic Con, the last one, is briefly revealed in the trailer.

Weird, that I found all this on a spanish forum dedicated to MLP, when in the KP days there where two or three forums total, and they posted like 4 or 5 posts a day in total!

So, yeah, season 4 is underway now... what do you think so far? We've had a glimpse into Equestria's past, a return visit to the world of Daring Do, and a new CMC episode.

So far, I'm liking it.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar

I'm liking it so far. Better than Season 3, but it can't match the "Holy crap this is awesome" craziness of Season 2. (Lesson Zero!!?)

The Celestia/Luna backstory in the kickoff was amazing - and I loved the animation. "Flight to the Finish" is probably my favorite for now. Castle-Maneia was decent. Daring Don't was skippable - with the exception of all the fantastic RD faces it generated.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

I think nothing will match season 2 beginning, premiere with discord, then Lesson Zero and Luna eclipsed, talk about starting with a bang, after that the season went down a little bit, but still, it was a really good start, I'm with you, The starting 2 parter was great, Castle Mane-ia was really funny, I din't like the setting of Daring don't but I liked the faces and RD being all fan girl, Flight to the Finish was nice but maybe I expected a lot more from that one, and I was a tad dissappointed.

Well, I didn't see that coming. I truly, truly didn't!

Season 4 is officially in the books, and I think it did quite well. I'm not going to spoil the season finale (in case anyone hasn't had the chance to see it yet), but it was definitely epic.

And now the wait for season 5 begins...

*whoosh* Time to blow some dust off this thread...

So, yeah, the new human/pony movie is out, and I did go see it today (as a break from finishing my move-out from my old apartment). The one downside was that the theater I went to must've gotten a bad disc (or a bad BD player), because there were parts that kept skipping. But aside from that little annoyance, it was alright.

Spolier time: (don't quote me if you don't want to see the spoiler!)
    • The means by which the portal opens the door for future crossings between Equestria and the human world
    • Sunset Shimmer gets to redeem herself, but another human counterpart of a background pony helps save the day (and it's not Derpy!)
    • Stinger alert: Native-to-the-human-world Twilight!

Meanwhile, still no word on a start date for Season 5, though the upcoming network transition from The Hub to Discovery Family isn't expected to affect the ongoing Hasbro shows yet.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

As of this date. MLP:FiM is showing on the Discovery Family channel. But be warned: They're also showing the old MLP shows - the "too cutesy" version that preceded the one we enjoy (which was developed by Lauren Faust). So check the schedules v-e-r-y carefully before you set the timer on your DVR/DVD burner.