What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #10 - Page 2
Global Justice Alliance

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #10

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADFan25 View Post
    That we have to go to school and university like Kim Possible have to do.
    Not all of us. Some of us finished school a long time ago!

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I wish I could afford to go back to school, so I could get a college degree. That'd sure be helpful in my job search....

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Cake's "Going the Distance" came on the radio today, and the refrain [He's going the distance / He's going for speed / She's all alone, (all alone!) in her time of need...] reminded me of Shego's wailing from "Emotion Sickness."
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    I wish I could afford to go back to school, so I could get a college degree. That'd sure be helpful in my job search....
    How much further do you have to go?
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I'm not sure, really. I've got two years of full-time college under my belt already - from fall 1977 to spring of 1979 (two different schools, though). After that, I took a series of evening and weekend courses in the mid-80's before concentrating on flying lessons from '86 to '88. Then I went back to evening classes from 1999 to 2000. I also took several classes in the early 2000's (last one in '01-'02?).
    What I need to do is go see a guidance counselor at the school where I took these recent courses, and enlist his help in pulling a copy of my college transcript - if it still exists, that is. That's the only way to see what my total college credits are, so I may determine how far I've yet to go.
    And of course, there's the question of money. "No job" means "no cash for tuition." I've got some papers regarding applying for a Pell grant, so I think I'll look into that and see what I qualify for (if anything).

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    I'm not sure, really. I've got two years of full-time college under my belt already - from fall 1977 to spring of 1979 (two different schools, though). After that, I took a series of evening and weekend courses in the mid-80's before concentrating on flying lessons from '86 to '88. Then I went back to evening classes from 1999 to 2000. I also took several classes in the early 2000's (last one in '01-'02?).
    What I need to do is go see a guidance counselor at the school where I took these recent courses, and enlist his help in pulling a copy of my college transcript - if it still exists, that is. That's the only way to see what my total college credits are, so I may determine how far I've yet to go.
    And of course, there's the question of money. "No job" means "no cash for tuition." I've got some papers regarding applying for a Pell grant, so I think I'll look into that and see what I qualify for (if anything).
    Sounds like something worthwhile to look at.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Senior Member Muzzlehatch's Avatar
    Last night I watched "Number One". Reminded me of my high school days when one year the administration got the idea to raise funds by having the students sell chocolate-covered almonds. My father blew his stack, saying that he didn't want me to go around bothering our friends and neighbors and obligating them to buy. I think that I sold one box.
    Kim Possible, the REAL Disney princess!

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I just read an interview of a person named Tara (Who used to be a cheerleader in HS), by a reporter named Jessica.

Registered User Exalted Member Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    I was at a club downtown with friends earlier in the week, and once the bar closed at 2 AM we realized we weren't tired, and brainstormed about what to do next. I tentatively raised the suggestion of doing shots in my backyard treehouse (Awww, l'll Chutsey is all grown up! :P ), but quickly tabled the option. The stated reason was that my parents were home, but in my head I was calculating the live load all six of us would put on the dying tree that's holding the treehouse up... That mental exercise immediately and endearingly brought to mind Ron from "So the Drama."

Ron: He. can't. come up here.
    Kim: Ron!
    Ron: No, I mean, like, he really can't come up here. This treehouse has a weight limit, an' while I'm holding this slingshot, we're already pushing it.

(Eventually we decided to get 3 AM milkshakes from a new Cookout drive-in and got home safely.)
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

At the Chicago Theatre for tonight's Manilow concert, the lady sitting next to me mentioned that they hadn't yet sold out all the seats for this concert - about a half hour before showtime. Her comment made me think of Jackie Oakes at the Middleton Mall promoting the "Mayhem In Middleton" wrestling match with the line, "Plenty of good seats still available, folks!"
    And while I was traversing the stairs to get to my seat in the balcony (very steep!), I found myself wishing for a sherpa guide, like poor Ron in Downhill:
    "Shouldn't we have mules or sherpas or something? When I snow hike with Kim, we get sherpas!"