What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #10 - Page 18
Global Justice Alliance

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #10

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar

Re: What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #10

Dancing with the Stars' theme last night was "Prom Night," which of course reminded me of KP's first series finale, and Tom's tuxedo from when he went to his real prom was a powder-blue '70s thing - similar to Ron's. I even mentioned the similarity to my parents. "It was my dad's. He got it for his prom - never been worn!"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Today at the grocery store I saw a sign on a display that read, "Better with Bacon." It reminded me of Kim's dad liking bacon on "pretty much everything." (Or words to that effect...)

Ok, I'm kinda cheating (again) because what remembered me about KP was related actually to this thread in the forums, after I posted my previous post here, I asked myself what was Christy Carlson Romano doing this days, You know, back in the day when KP was still on going, I always hoped that she was going to be part of the cast on some great movie that would make her name really well known, so I always checked her personal myspace page, her official page (that doesn't work now, dang it!) and on IMBD and all that.

Soo, I checked her, Y'know on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, and...I found a video, that was recorded at the end of the last year, and she speaks about the evolution of television culture in the Old Dominion University. Her exposition is a good one, maybe a little simple for my taste (I like to know all the details, all the curious facts and everything!!) but a good one nontheless, maybe she had limited time, and then she gives some Q & A (A girl asks her to give her "hey Wade, whats the sitch?" line, and that made me so happy!!)

I guess I wanted her to, maybe give her point of view about crowdfunding because for example the Internet celebrity Freddie Wong made a internet show named Video Game High School funding it via Kickstarter, and that is amazing. And to speak more about the growth in "power" of any given fanbase, and their capabilities to make their own art and songs and even full episodes (My Little Pony comes to mind). She actually mentions it, but its only to recall that KP and Family Guy got a 4th season thanks to the fans.

So..yeah, loved her and her speech, kinda short in my opinion, but I was so happy to see her still nice, funny and with that nerdy touch to her. By the way, I think its a shame that she is not popular, she is a great role model! ok I'm calmed now,

ps:she also mentions that she is moving towards direction, she did't mention if its for TV shows or Movies though.

Sorry for the long post.

this is a link to the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbbjvuLEkvM

In the grocery store parking lot this afternoon, I walked by a vehicle that had a decal on its back window that read, "Eagles Pride - Football & Cheerleading." I thought, "Yep, they're cheering the team on as they toss the ol' pigpuck around."

Today on the news, they mentioned a controversy over an ad on the Target website, where the store was selling some larger-sized dresses in manatee gray. Right away I thought of Punjab the manatee from Low Budget.

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar

When we went out to dinner last night our waitress's name was Jessica. She wasn't blonde, didn't have freckles, and I don't know if she went to prom with the baseball captain.

At Epoct for a band trip. Now, the KPWSA is gone, but around the American area I heard a very familiar ringtone...

Beep beep be-beep.

Tonight on a TV ad, I heard this line: "As a personal trainer, I work just about anywhere." It reminded me of how Ron's dad described his job:
    "I'm an actuary - I can work anywhere!"

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar

Been watching the parts of the DC Animated Universe that are up on Netflix - Justice League, Justice League Unlimted, and Batman Beyond. Of course, the last one of those (which was actually the first to air, in 1999) was a good chunk of the inspiration behind the episode "The Fearless Ferret", what with Will Freidle playing a teenager who discovers the secret lair of a retired heroic character. (The other part of the inspiration, of course, was the 1960s Batman series.)

The JLU episode "The Great Brain Robbery", meanwhile, made me think of the KP episode "Mind Games", and made me realize I was actually a little disappointed that "Mind Games" played the "Voices Are Mental" trope straight. I get that given the target audience, it's often easier storytelling-wise to have voices stay the same rather than have each VA adopt the other's mannerisms, but it still would've been interesting to hear Christy try to pull off Ron's mannerisms, and Will doing Kim's lines (which would probably have sounded closer to Terry McGinnis, I suppose). But then again, we wouldn't have had Shego making fun of the voice switch, so...

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar

I was listening to some tunes on Spotify when an ad for wraps at McDonald's came up. I was reminded of Ron in "Go Team Go" :

"Wraps?! That's the future of Bueno Nacho?!"