What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #10 - Page 19
Global Justice Alliance

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #10

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Re: What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #10

The other night, I was playing Scrabble on my computer. I scored 20 points with this word: CHEER.
    And yesterday morning, I was in the bathroom when I experienced a mild case of nasal drippage. Motor Ed may be influencing my speech patterns somewhat, because I found myself muttering: "My nose is running again - seriously."

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar

I'm reading a novel set in the video game industry. They used the word griefer (a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways. A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users) which I had only ever heard in "Vir-Tu-Ron," when the Wraith Master was so described.

My current temp job involves working in a "file room" set up in a screened-off corner of the client's warehouse. It's dimly lit in places, making it difficult at times to read the names on the file folders we're searching through. While I was squinting at a folder to try and read it this afternoon, this line of Ron's from Odds Man In suddenly popped into my head:
    Note: solar-powered calculators, worthless in panic rooms!
    - It seems poor Ron's panic room was as dim as that file room!

Registered User Veteran Member

Some weeks ago, the whole family took my mother out to Golden Corral for her birthday. My very excited 4-yr-old nephew ran up to the buffet after finishing his meat and got the cotton candy from the dessert bar that he had been looking forward to ever since someone had first said 'Golden Corral'. The cotton candy was blue and after running all the way back to the table, he took his first bite and discovered... that he didn't like blue cotton candy. His face fell into a puppy dog pout that the entire Kim Possible cast would have envied as he realized that he'd taken it, bitten into it, and was expected to finish it. The story had a happy ending as his mother took the cotton candy off his hands, his uncle Me managed to jam the paper handle between the condiment bottles on the table so she wouldn't have to sit there holding it for hours, and his big brother, rather than see it go to waste, ate it for him. My little got over his disappointment when he got to go stick marshmallows into the chocolate fondue fountain and eat them, which is his other favorite thing at Golden Corral. It was one of those moments when I really wish I'd had a camera.
    Manofevil: Author of the Kimmunist Manifesto, writer, statesman, and founder of modern Kimmunism.

This story might be about a Drakken evil scheme ...

http://jalopnik.com/giant-duck-terro...kong-488969392

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar

Tonight my family watched "A Cinderlla Story." (It was the only thing on that my mom would like.) Hillary Duff's character is gaga for the anonymous chat-room buddy, despite the fact she's got a nice, decent "average guy" male best friend; I started thinking, "Why don't the two of them get together?" Which, of course, reminded me of Kim and Ron.

"Who's up for a ride in an untested hypersonic aircraft?"

The other day at my temp job, a file folder sticking out at the very end of one of the file shelves caught my eye. The first three letters of the customer's name, spelled out vertically from top to bottom, were KIM.

Yesterday on TV, a new ad for the NAPA Auto Parts chain caught my eye. The voice of the advisor coming out of that can marked "NAPA Know How" sounds like our own Patrick Warburton (Mr. Barkin).

Also, while I was at work, and looking through my list of cancelled files to be pulled, I remembered the scene in Ron Millionaire where Kim confronts the bouncer who won't let her speak to Ron because her name's not on his list, declaring, "The list is the law!"

I brought my new suit (which I bought over the Internet) to a tailor to be altered. The only thing he has to do is finish the trouser hems to fit me.

This reminds me of "Crush", when Ron wanted Kim & Josh to drive him to the Spirit Dance:

I need a ride, too! You could swing by around 7:15! Actually, you know, my mom's gonna be hemming my pants, so maybe, like, 7:30?