What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #10
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

What in Real Life Reminds You of KP? #10

Okay, looks like it's time to continue this thread in its tenth edition. So here goes:
    Last night I viewed my DVD of Back To The Future: Part III. It's the film where Doc and Marty go back to Hill Valley of 1855, and tangle with a nasty gunfighter named Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen (ancestor of Biff the bully in the first two movies).

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I saw a tv ad where a giant donut broke loose from a donut shop sign and started rolling down the street. I of course thought of "Grande Size Me" immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I saw a tv ad where a giant donut broke loose from a donut shop sign and started rolling down the street. I of course thought of "Grande Size Me" immediately.
    Mutant Ron: Oh no! Doughnut run away! Come back, doughnut!
    (Chases giant doughnut down the street)

I saw an ad on-line from Canon (the camera people) that said, "Ron's next project is coming soon."
    Of course, it was referring to Ron Howard, the director, and not our own beloved klutzy sidekick.

Registered User Senior Member Muzzlehatch's Avatar

"The Sun" Music Video by Christy Romano

Producer Brendan Rooney is her fiance.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neYqbAChFIU
    Kim Possible, the REAL Disney princess!

Over the weekend, I was in a restaurant in Cincinnati when I heard the Pointer Sisters song "I'm So Excited." It reminded me of the scene in Sick Day where Drakken is reciting the first line of that song's chorus while polishing the Ray X device, which he and Shego had just stolen.

I dunno, I overheard some guy talking today and for some reason I thought of Kim (see quote section). He has two young men for kids, and stated that he was fortunate they were not born girls instead.

Not sure what to make of that, really? I never heard anyone say anything like that before. It's fine to have that opinion but it was said with gusto, and a giddy sense of relief! Gosh, it's like having kids being born dead would have been better. Having no kids myself (and no hope of it either) I would say, count your blessings dude.

Some people.....

All I can say is, I'M glad they weren't born girls too! Because apparently for this guy, they would have been a constant disappointment. And they would have known that too, because kids pick up on that resentment.

Registered User Veteran Member hrodwulf123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebub View Post
    I dunno, I overheard some guy talking today and for some reason I thought of Kim (see quote section). He has two young men for kids, and stated that he was fortunate they were not born girls instead.

Not sure what to make of that, really? I never heard anyone say anything like that before. It's fine to have that opinion but it was said with gusto, and a giddy sense of relief! Gosh, it's like having kids being born dead would have been better. Having no kids myself (and no hope of it either) I would say, count your blessings dude.

Some people.....

All I can say is, I'M glad they weren't born girls too! Because apparently for this guy, they would have been a constant disappointment. And they would have known that too, because kids pick up on that resentment.
    This is actually a pretty common way of thinking in rural areas here where yo can even expect a graffiti on one's fence or house (if the newborn is male, then then the father is a "Gander" and if the newborn is female, the father is a "drake").

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    It is unfortunate that this thinking persists in many areas of the world. The reasoning can be understood simply because in a rural, less technological society (and please understand that I do NOT imply that this is inferior in any way in and of itself), the work required to keep society going and to survive is greatly manual in nature, which of course would tend to give greater worth to a man's strength. This gives over to a more pragmatic view that would tend to see a male child as a better security option for the family in its future. It also unfortunately tends to also disparage females as "lesser" human beings than males, often leading members of that society to degrade them to that status with little worth beyond child-bearing, child-rearing, and keeping the house. Although not all such cultures were guilty of this, technological societies as a rule enabled equality of the sexes to become more of a reality at least in those particular societies, although in this country we still have a ways to go in a couple of areas.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebub View Post

Some people.....

Parentally, you tend to worry more about girls (ask Campy) and tend to have a larger spectrum of potential disasters, real and imagined. Girls also tend to have it tougher, generally, especially in their social interactions with other girls. The thing with the cheerleaders and other high school females has a definite basis in fact.

It's unfortunate that all the girls that used to be on the board left, they could illuminate this discussion.

Also there is no way of knowing how the fellow you overheard would react to a daughter or daughters, it's entirely probable that he would cherish them (fathers do tend to go a bit overboard with their girls). I'm assuming you don't live in a place where doweries are still common. A friend of mine fantasized about mariage and having children up until the point that he did. One thing he used to think about was teaching his sons about all the things he liked doing as a kid. When he did have a daughter, he became positively doting. the boys weren't as keen as he was about his old passtimes, BTW.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”