our troubles will be miles away.

Here we are as in olden days,
    Happy golden days of yore.
    Faithful friends who are dear to us
    Gather near to us once more.

Through the years
    We all will be together,
    If the Fates allow
    Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
    And have yourself a merry little Christmas now.

~ lyric by Hugh Martin, music by Ralph Blane (1943)

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    "Merry christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!"

~ last line of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" By Clement Clarke Moore, the poem from the Nineteenth Century that became so popular and actually began to create the definitions of much of our Christmas Traditions, most notably the image of Santa Claus we have today, which was created by the noted illustratist Thomas Nast in the late Nineteenth Century and was directly inspired by the poem itself.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    From a letter posted to CNN http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-902515

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
    I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
    Joshua Boston
    Cpl, United States Marine Corps
    2004-2012

It is of some interest that the Senator carries a conceiled handgun with her......
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar

Smile

"You can't outrun me, I'm wearing tube socks!"
    ~Anthony DiNozzo, NCIS

"An assault weapon you hold and it goes -- those are fully automatic weons [sic]. If you have a big magazining [sic] you will solve your problem. You still have to pull a trigger."

Michael Bloomberg, who apparently is unaware of the National Firearms Act of 1934
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    “If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today."

~ E. Joseph Cossman, American entrepreneur and inventor

‘Bread and Circuses’ is the cancer of democracy, the fatal disease for which there is no cure. Democracy often works beautifully at first. But once a state extends the franchise to every warm body, be he producer or parasite, that day marks the beginning of the end of the state. For when the plebs discover that they can vote themselves bread and circuses without limit and that the productive members of the body politic cannot stop them, they will do so, until the state bleeds to death, or in its weakened condition the state succumbs to an invader—the barbarians enter Rome.”

Robert Heinlein

See also John Frumm, Cargo Cults

“In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy."

~ William Blake, British poet and painter

"......
    While various governments try to limit gun ownership so as to protect the people from lunatics and criminals, what they really protect is their own power. Everywhere the guns are banned, gun-related crime increases. If lunatics want to kill, they can use cars (NYC, Chapel Hill NC), swords (Japan), knives (China), or home-made bombs (world over). They can throw acid (Pakistan, UK), or fire bombs (France). Often times the only way to stop a raging maniac on a killing spree is a bullet to the head fired by an armed citizen.

Do not believe for a moment that progressives and other leftists hate guns. What they hate is guns in the hands of those who will not march in lockstep with their ideology. They hate guns in the hands of those who think for themselves, refuse to comply, and eventually will have to be scheduled for a bullet behind the ear.

Do not fall for their false promises. Do not extinguish the last remaining light that allows humanity a measure of self-respect."

PRAVDA (No Campy, it's really not the globe, this time, anyway)http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/col...ricans_guns-0/

“The forceps of our minds are clumsy things and crush the truth a little in the course of taking hold of it."

~ H.G. Wells, British author