Post A Quote - Fall 2012 Edition - Page 10
Global Justice Alliance

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 501

Thread: Post A Quote - Fall 2012 Edition

  1. #91
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025

    Re: Post A Quote - Fall 2012 Edition

    “A pencil is a weapon when it is pointed at someone in a threatening way and gun noises are made.”



    Bethanne Bradshaw, a spokesperson for Suffolk, Virginia, Public Schools.

    At least it wasn't a Pop Tart, might have had to call in the 82nd Airborne to contain the situation. Pew, pew, pew.....
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  2. #92
    Registered User Veteran Member NinjaNaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midd El Tann
    Posts
    933

    Smile Re: Post A Quote - Fall 2012 Edition

    “The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the crown. It may be frail – its roof may shake – the wind may blow through it – the storm may enter – the rain may enter – but the King of England cannot enter.”

    ~ William Pitt the Elder

  3. #93
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,773

    Re: Post A Quote - Fall 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    “A pencil is a weapon when it is pointed at someone in a threatening way and gun noises are made.”



    Bethanne Bradshaw, a spokesperson for Suffolk, Virginia, Public Schools.
    Wow. Wonder how they react to towel fights in the locker rooms?

    Given the above quote, I find this one most appropriate:

    “The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all; it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same safe level, to breed a standard citzenry, to put down dissent and originality.”

    ~ Henry Louis Mencken

  4. #94
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    8,676

    Re: Post A Quote - Fall 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    “A pencil is a weapon when it is pointed at someone in a threatening way and gun noises are made.”



    Bethanne Bradshaw, a spokesperson for Suffolk, Virginia, Public Schools.
    Wow. Wonder how they react to towel fights in the locker rooms?

    Given the above quote, I find this one most appropriate:

    “The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all; it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same safe level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality.”

    ~ Henry Louis Mencken
    Here, here........... You want a weapon? I'll give you a weapon. Pusillanimous, hidebound pedantric, miserable excuses for educators...........
    "Say the Word"

  5. #95
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025

    Re: Post A Quote - Fall 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    “A pencil is a weapon when it is pointed at someone in a threatening way and gun noises are made.”



    Bethanne Bradshaw, a spokesperson for Suffolk, Virginia, Public Schools.
    Wow. Wonder how they react to towel fights in the locker rooms?

    Given the above quote, I find this one most appropriate:

    “The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all; it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same safe level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality.”

    ~ Henry Louis Mencken
    Here, here........... You want a weapon? I'll give you a weapon. Pusillanimous, hidebound pedantric, miserable excuses for educators...........
    The thing that's really weird about this that I can remember the principal's office, when I was in school, being full of shotguns and rifles on Opening Days. Somehow we managed not to use them on anything but game, bottles and paper targets.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  6. #96
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,773

    Re: Post A Quote - Fall 2012 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    “A pencil is a weapon when it is pointed at someone in a threatening way and gun noises are made.”



    Bethanne Bradshaw, a spokesperson for Suffolk, Virginia, Public Schools.
    Wow. Wonder how they react to towel fights in the locker rooms?

    Given the above quote, I find this one most appropriate:

    “The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all; it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same safe level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality.”

    ~ Henry Louis Mencken
    Here, here........... You want a weapon? I'll give you a weapon. Pusillanimous, hidebound pedantric, miserable excuses for educators...........
    The thing that's really weird about this that I can remember the principal's office, when I was in school, being full of shotguns and rifles on Opening Days. Somehow we managed not to use them on anything but game, bottles and paper targets.
    Were they confiscated from students, then? Or did the principal just hold them until their owners got out of class on those occasions? I'm a bit confused here....

  7. #97
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025

    Re: Post A Quote - Fall 2012 Edition

    Principal held them for us until the end of the school day, frequently the last gun out of the office was the principal's after he changed into his hunting rig and went out for Opening Day.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  8. #98
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,773

    Re: Post A Quote - Fall 2012 Edition

    Getting back on-topic:

    “To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them."

    ~ Charles-Louis de Montesquieu, French political thinker

  9. #99
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,773

    Re: Post A Quote - Fall 2012 Edition

    “Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others."

    ~ H. Jackson Brown, American writer

  10. #100
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,773

    Re: Post A Quote - Fall 2012 Edition

    "Always try to associate yourself with and learn as much as you can from those who know more than you do, who do better than you, who see more clearly than you."

    ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower, 34th U.S. president

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •