The Fourth Alliance Captioning Thread: The Top Secret Extended Edition - Page 40
Global Justice Alliance

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Alliance Captioning Thread: The Top Secret Extended Edition

Registered User Veteran Member

:KP: Easy Ron. Any lower and we're not G rated anymore.
    Manofevil: Author of the Kimmunist Manifesto, writer, statesman, and founder of modern Kimmunism.

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Yeah, Trump would be a complete fool to try & mess with Kim Possible....

Someday he will disappear into the dust of time, but KP will live forever.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebub View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Yeah, Trump would be a complete fool to try & mess with Kim Possible....

Someday he will disappear into the dust of time, but KP will live forever.
    Yes, some day, but it can't be soon enough for me.
    Let's all get out and vote that jerk out of office!

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Too bad the other party doesn't offer a decent alternative.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Too bad the other party doesn't offer a decent alternative.
    Agreed. Neither party has any good candidates IMHO, that I can identify with.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    But anyone - and I do mean anyone - has a better personality than Trump. We can't do much worse than him.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I'll agree with that, TWD. But a good personality is not a required trait to be President. God knows we have had examples of that in the past, such as Andrew Johnson. What is required is that the job get done in which, love it or hate it, Trump has managed to accomplish quite a lot of what he intended to do. Do I agree with what he's done? Some, but not all. And you have a point that we can't do much worse than him. Do I want him to be President? No. But who else is there who would be effective? Yes, he is a classic narcissist, insulting, demeaning, expecting complete loyalty over everything else while giving none back, even to the point of possible lawbreaking (I say it that way as I don't want to have to get into a debate about whether what he's done is criminal or not), but he has gotten results, ugly as they are to some, whether or not one may consider them a backward turn for American democracy or forward progress. He's a businessman, not a politician, and doesn't really give a hoot if people like him or not, as long as they do what he wants and gets him what he wants. And to be brutally honest, it has been effective.

As long as Congress has been so profoundly corrupted by the strangling effect of the two political parties in completely controlling their members, not allowing them to have independent voices without committing political suicide, thus producing the stagnant gridlock in which the legislative body does almost nothing worthwhile (at least IMHO) and hasn't in the last ten years, very frustrated American voters will vote for anything that will change that hated status quo (which has been called "the swamp" by some), even Donald Trump. It wasn't the conservative Evangelicals and Trump's base that got him elected. It was the moderates in the middle who were sick and tired of the Washington DC garbage and the lack of acceptable alternatives on the Democratic side that pushed him over the top. The extremely shameful political show (on both sides) we've seen over the last three years is proof in my mind that the vast majority of members in Congress, in both houses, on both sides, no longer deserve to be there. Unfortunately, we do not have term limits for Congress, which IMHO would go a long way in addressing that problem, but that will not likely ever become a reality in our lifetimes.

I'm not supporting one side over the other here, but the system is very screwed up, and not likely to be fixed in the near future. I do believe the bureaucracy of Washington DC, and the stranglehold the two political parties have over their members, is largely to blame for a great deal of that, and it should be reduced dramatically to ensure a more equal treatment of the American People, but that's just MHO. The funny thing is that we've been through spells like this before (note the late 1800's through early 20th century), and though it may take 30 or 40 years, eventually something gets done to fix these major profound problems, if history serves as a guide. In the meantime, we are stuck with what we have. I believe that if the Democrats are to win, they really need a moderate who will attract away the more moderate swing voters that swung Trump to victory. But there isn't one with a realistic chance of wining the nomination, at least that I can see, and I think that is driven by the Democratic Party oligarchs themselves (and the Press), not the individual members of the party. With Sanders and AOC, Warren, Buttigieg, and the rest of them, no matter how attractive their ideas may seem to a good number of people, I think it very likely the financial volatility that their quite left leaning philosophies can ignite will just push Trump to another four years. I'm not that happy about that either, but I think we're going to be stuck with it.

Yeah, I know. I'm off topic. Sorry, guys...
    Last edited by jeriddian; 02-17-2020 at 09:44 PM.
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton

:KP: No I will not cosplay as Sabrina!
    :jim: Aaww..
    [/quote]
    :shego: >thinking< Why is he looking at me that way?
    :drakken: >thinking< Why does she smell like Kim Possible?
    Manofevil: Author of the Kimmunist Manifesto, writer, statesman, and founder of modern Kimmunism.

:ron: Dude, when we're done, I'm gonna give you ointment for toenail fungus! In the meantime, FIRE YOUR MANICURIST!

"Kimberly Anne, how many times have I told you to wash your clothes before you wear them to school again."