General Discussion 8
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 445

Thread: General Discussion 8

  1. #1
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,074

    General Discussion 8

    Here's a new "edition" of the General Discussion thread, since the previous one hit the "magic 500" number and had to be closed.
    Feel free to post random stuff to your hearts' content!

  2. #2
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025

    Re: General Discussion 8

    Today in 1898, the United States became a world power, when Commodore George Dewey won the Battle of Manila Bay.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  3. #3
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025

    Re: General Discussion 8

    There are some aspects of the star Wars story that got ignored:

    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  4. #4
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,074

    Re: General Discussion 8

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    There are some aspects of the star Wars story that got ignored:


    - I like it!

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    7,384

    Re: General Discussion 8

    What do two climate "science" faculty members at San Jose State U. do when they come across a book skeptical of the AGW orthodoxy? Why, burn it, what else?

    These two "open-minded" "scientists" were so proud of their cute little stunt they posted a photo on the department's web page, until critics noticed it and the embarrassing pic went down the memory hole.

  6. #6
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025

    Re: General Discussion 8

    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    What do two climate "science" faculty members at San Jose State U. do when they come across a book skeptical of the AGW orthodoxy? Why, burn it, what else?

    These two "open-minded" "scientists" were so proud of their cute little stunt they posted a photo on the department's web page, until critics noticed it and the embarrassing pic went down the memory hole.
    Well it is just down the road from Berkeley....

    Noticed Ray Harryhausen has died. I realy enjoyed many of the movies that featured his stop action monsters.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  7. #7
    Registered User Veteran Member hrodwulf123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    594

    Re: General Discussion 8

    Should I feel bad if I like KMFDM (the music band)?

  8. #8
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025

    Re: General Discussion 8

    Quote Originally Posted by hrodwulf123 View Post
    Should I feel bad if I like KMFDM (the music band)?
    Beats me, I've never heard of them.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  9. #9
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    8,000

    Re: General Discussion 8

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Noticed Ray Harryhausen has died. I realy enjoyed many of the movies that featured his stop action monsters.
    Clash of the Titans (The Harry Hamlin version) is his best known film.
    "Say the Word"

  10. #10
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025

    Re: General Discussion 8

    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Noticed Ray Harryhausen has died. I realy enjoyed many of the movies that featured his stop action monsters.
    Clash of the Titans (The Harry Hamlin version) is his best known film.
    I think he also did the creatures in about half of the 1950s and late 40s science fiction movies that I'm fond of.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Similar Threads

  1. General Discussion 4
    By jeriddian in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 500
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •