General Discussion 8 - Page 34
Global Justice Alliance

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion 8

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar

Re: General Discussion 8

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    On this day in 1967, the Apollo 1 astronauts - Gus Grissom, Ed White, and Roger Chaffee - lost their lives in a spacecraft fire during a ground test at Cape Canaveral.
    And tomorrow it will be the 32st anniversary of the Challenger Disaster that claimed seven lives. These two days are a bad one-two punch for NASA
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    On this day in 1967, the Apollo 1 astronauts - Gus Grissom, Ed White, and Roger Chaffee - lost their lives in a spacecraft fire during a ground test at Cape Canaveral.
    And tomorrow it will be the 32st anniversary of the Challenger Disaster that claimed seven lives. These two days are a bad one-two punch for NASA
    Agreed. And Feb. 1st marks the 12th anniversary of Columbia's breakup on reentry that killed another seven astronauts. As a friend of mine once said half-jokingly, late January seems to be a bad time to launch spacecraft.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar

Agreed. And Feb. 1st marks the 12th anniversary of Columbia's breakup on reentry that killed another seven astronauts. As a friend of mine once said half-jokingly, late January seems to be a bad time to launch spacecraft.
    On a similar note, CDR Alexander Vraciu, the Navy's top scoring ace of WWII (among other things, he shot down 6 Japanese aircraft in one day, during the Battle of the Philippine Sea), died yesterday, at the age of 96.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    On a similar note, CDR Alexander Vraciu, the Navy's top scoring ace of WWII (among other things, he shot down 6 Japanese aircraft in one day, during the Battle of the Philippine Sea), died yesterday, at the age of 96.
    Definitely a hero to remember. Requiescat in pace
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    *blows the dust of my account, coughs heavily*

Hi everyone! Jeriddian alerted me that the board code improved significantly, and I had to come back to check it out.

Life update: I graduated from Virginia Tech in May '14 in aerospace engineering. I did it!! I did it!!!

In November, I started my first "big boy" job at as a federal civilian at the Navy Yard in Washington DC. I'm working with aircraft carriers - specifically the newest carrier, the USS FORD. Can't say much more than that. :P

I'm liking DC a lot, but I'm missing the tight-knit social circles of college. It's tough to rebuild those. Hopefully it will be easier once it's warmer out; things have been too damn cold!
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Congratulations, 'Chutes! Way to go on graduation and the new job. It's sounds like very important work and we old fogies around here are more than proud to see you succeed. Do what you gotta do, of course, but drop in when you can.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Welcome back, 'chutes, and congrats on joining the military-industrial complex!

So, have you started smoking fat cigars and voting GOP yet?
    Last edited by campy; 03-07-2015 at 02:20 AM.

Now, now............let's not be judgemental....
    Last edited by jeriddian; 02-14-2015 at 12:45 AM.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post

Hi everyone! Jeriddian alerted me that the board code improved significantly, and I had to come back to check it out.

Life update: I graduated from Virginia Tech in May '14 in aerospace engineering. I did it!! I did it!!!

In November, I started my first "big boy" job at as a federal civilian at the Navy Yard in Washington DC. I'm working with aircraft carriers - specifically the newest carrier, the USS FORD. Can't say much more than that. :P

I'm liking DC a lot, but I'm missing the tight-knit social circles of college. It's tough to rebuild those. Hopefully it will be easier once it's warmer out; things have been too damn cold!
    Here I had you figured for NASA, PMS 378 never even came to mind........
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post

Here I had you figured for NASA, PMS 378 never even came to mind........
    Who knows? Maybe we can get him to build us our own moonship as a side job.....