General Discussion 8 - Page 35
Global Justice Alliance

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion 8

Registered User Honored Elder Fireand'chutes77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireand'chutes77 View Post
    *blows the dust of my account, coughs heavily*

Hi everyone! Jeriddian alerted me that the board code improved significantly, and I had to come back to check it out.

Life update: I graduated from Virginia Tech in May '14 in aerospace engineering. I did it!! I did it!!!

In November, I started my first "big boy" job at as a federal civilian at the Navy Yard in Washington DC. I'm working with aircraft carriers - specifically the newest carrier, the USS FORD. Can't say much more than that. :P

I'm liking DC a lot, but I'm missing the tight-knit social circles of college. It's tough to rebuild those. Hopefully it will be easier once it's warmer out; things have been too damn cold!
    Here I had you figured for NASA, PMS 378 never even came to mind........
    Haha, nice job for being able to name all the way down the group code.

NASA was only hiring for Masters and PhD students on USAJOBS. I'm hoping to get over there eventually. Or head over to NAVAIR.
    Carpe Navi: Because you never know when you'll get to go boating at government expense again.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    *blows the dust of my account, coughs heavily*

Hi everyone! Jeriddian alerted me that the board code improved significantly, and I had to come back to check it out.

Life update: I graduated from Virginia Tech in May '14 in aerospace engineering. I did it!! I did it!!!

In November, I started my first "big boy" job at as a federal civilian at the Navy Yard in Washington DC. I'm working with aircraft carriers - specifically the newest carrier, the USS FORD. Can't say much more than that. :P

I'm liking DC a lot, but I'm missing the tight-knit social circles of college. It's tough to rebuild those. Hopefully it will be easier once it's warmer out; things have been too damn cold!
    Here I had you figured for NASA, PMS 378 never even came to mind........
    Haha, nice job for being able to name all the way down the group code.

NASA was only hiring for Masters and PhD students on USAJOBS. I'm hoping to get over there eventually. Or head over to NAVAIR.
    Drop me a PM, I'll tell you about it.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Still no joy on either moderation or PM.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Sorry, LM. Working on it.
    "Say the Word"

Fixed, thanks.

70 years ago today, the flag is raised on Mt. Suribachi, on the island of Iwo Jima. A Navy ammunition ship, USS Suribachi was so named in honor.

Since "What Are You Listening To?" seems to have faded away, I'll post this here.

Sambre et Meuse: If you've ever wondered (as I had) what the tune the French honor guard (all of home are wounded) play for the Marines returning from the trenches in What Price Glory, this is it. Stumbled across it mostly by accident on Youtube (I'm out, sick, today).

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Since "What Are You Listening To?" seems to have faded away, I'll post this here.

Sambre et Meuse: If you've ever wondered (as I had) what the tune the French honor guard (all of home are wounded) play for the Marines returning from the trenches in What Price Glory, this is it. Stumbled across it mostly by accident on Youtube (I'm out, sick, today).
    The Ohio State University marching band plays this march when they form the "Script Ohio."

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post

The Ohio State University marching band plays this march when they form the "Script Ohio."
    Interesting, do they still show the actual half time shows on TV? The only games I've watched are the UT/A&M Thanksgiving games and, sometimes, Army/Navy. So I'm not real familiar. It seemed like any others I channel surfed through had substituted things like highlights of the 1928 Cotton Bowl or something for the half time shows.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Interesting, do they still show the actual half time shows on TV?
    I doubt it, but there must be youtube videos of it.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I think they did away with broadcasting the on-field halftime shows years ago (if not decades). These days, the networks are more interested in using halftime to let their talking heads analyze the first half of the game, report on what else is going on in the world of sports, or both. Not to mention the golden opportunity to show "Important Me$$age$ from Our $pon$or$."
    Last edited by TransWarpDrive; 04-20-2015 at 02:30 AM.