What are you listening to? Track 5 - Page 46
Global Justice Alliance

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? Track 5

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I've been listening to some Celtic Harp Music by a harpist I saw out at Renaisance Fair. She self produces the CD's and sells them herself and online. It's quite good and relaxing.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Venerated Elder campy's Avatar
    Symphony No. 5, "Western Hemisphere" by William Grant Still. The Fort Smith Symphony Orchestra led by
    John Jeter.

Richard Strauss: Metamorphosen, for 23 Solo Strings. Wilhelm Furtwängler conducting the Berlin Philharmonic in a 1947 recording.

That's very interesting, I never knew that's what that line meant. Speaking of hits from the mid to late 70s, the last song I listened to was....sigh Convoy. I was watching a 1993 interview of James Coburn ( one of my favorite actors) with a friend. Sometime in the interview Coburn recalled telling Sam Peckinpah that making a movie based off the song was a bad idea, my younger friend didn't know what he was talking about so I showed him the record. I looked it up, Convoy the movie is now free on tubi tv, ouch.

By the way it's great to be here! I always loved this forum, it feels good to finally be a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pog1 View Post
    That's very interesting, I never knew that's what that line meant. Speaking of hits from the mid to late 70s, the last song I listened to was....sigh Convoy. I was watching a 1993 interview of James Coburn ( one of my favorite actors) with a friend. Sometime in the interview Coburn recalled telling Sam Peckinpah that making a movie based off the song was a bad idea, my younger friend didn't know what he was talking about so I showed him the record. I looked it up, Convoy the movie is now free on tubi tv, ouch.

By the way it's great to be here! I always loved this forum, it feels good to finally be a part of it.
    We're glad to have you, Pog1!

I'm a little confused about the beginning of your post. It seems like you're responding to someone's earlier post, but didn't quote it.

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Against the Wind, Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band
    Ah yes, Bob Seger - a true American classic. Did you know that his 1978 song Night Moves was inspired by a screening of American Graffiti that Mr. Seger attended? The film is referenced at one point in the song's lyrics:

I woke last night to the sound of thunder;
    How far off I sat and wondered;
    Started hummin' a song from 1962....

I read that in an interview Mr. Seger gave a few years back, when he described how he wrote that song. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I read it just now (sorry)....

Ah, that was a response to one of the very first post on this thread, I'm still trying to get a grasp on the system around here. Thank you for the warm welcome

Barcarolle No. 1 in A minor, op. 26 by Gabriel Fauré. Jean-Philippe Collard, piano.

César Franck: La Chasseur Maudit, M. 44. The Orchestre de Paris under the baton of Daniel Barenboim.

Éljen a Magyar! (Polka schnell), op. 332 by Johann Strauss II. From the Vienna Philharmonic's New Year's Day Concert of 1989 conducted by Carlos Kleiber.

Beethoven: Fidelio Overture, op. 72. André Cluytens leading the Berlin Philharmonic.