What are you listening to? Track 5 - Page 8
Global Justice Alliance

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 433

Thread: What are you listening to? Track 5

  1. #71
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,769
    Right now I'm listening to my new CD: Rick Wakeman's No Earthly Connection.

  2. #72
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,769
    Right now I'm listening to the music from the backyard party going on one block to the east of my house. They just finished playing Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" and now they're playing that big hit of Shania Twain's - the one about "the best thing about being a woman (What is its title again?)". Sounds like they're having fun over there....

  3. #73
    Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    9,777
    I am now listening to Tchaikovsky's Symphony #5 in E minor, played by the Boston Symphony in a 1944 recording under conductor Serge Koussevitzky.

  4. #74
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    8,633
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I am now listening to Tchaikovsky's Symphony #5 in E minor, played by the Boston Symphony in a 1944 recording under conductor Serge Koussevitzky.
    Ah, yes, with its idee fixe theme. I remember it well.
    "Say the Word"

  5. #75
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,769
    Over the weekend, I bought an Audio-Technica USB turntable for converting music from vinyl LPs into MP3 files so I can burn them onto CDs. It comes with the Audacity music-conversion software, which allows me to store my tunes on my hard drive. This software will even clean up the recordings, eliminating the clicks, pops, and crackles heard in the background on phonograph records and making them sound as clear as the digital stuff on CDs. I have a few vinyl albums which I know will never be released on compact discs, so this investment will allow me to enjoy them in that format once I learn how to use the software properly.
    At present, I'm working on a recording I made of the soundtrack from the 1980 film The Stunt Man, which is one of the vinyl albums I mentioned earlier.

  6. #76
    Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    9,777
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Over the weekend, I bought an Audio-Technica USB turntable for converting music from vinyl LPs into MP3 files so I can burn them onto CDs. It comes with the Audacity music-conversion software, which allows me to store my tunes on my hard drive. This software will even clean up the recordings, eliminating the clicks, pops, and crackles heard in the background on phonograph records and making them sound as clear as the digital stuff on CDs. I have a few vinyl albums which I know will never be released on compact discs, so this investment will allow me to enjoy them in that format once I learn how to use the software properly.
    At present, I'm working on a recording I made of the soundtrack from the 1980 film The Stunt Man, which is one of the vinyl albums I mentioned earlier.
    I use Audacity to manipulate my sound files, and it's great.

    I made my custom Kimmunicator ringtone with Audacity.

  7. #77
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Denton, Texas
    Posts
    8,633
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Over the weekend, I bought an Audio-Technica USB turntable for converting music from vinyl LPs into MP3 files so I can burn them onto CDs. It comes with the Audacity music-conversion software, which allows me to store my tunes on my hard drive. This software will even clean up the recordings, eliminating the clicks, pops, and crackles heard in the background on phonograph records and making them sound as clear as the digital stuff on CDs. I have a few vinyl albums which I know will never be released on compact discs, so this investment will allow me to enjoy them in that format once I learn how to use the software properly.
    At present, I'm working on a recording I made of the soundtrack from the 1980 film The Stunt Man, which is one of the vinyl albums I mentioned earlier.
    I use Audacity to manipulate my sound files, and it's great.

    I made my custom Kimmunicator ringtone with Audacity.
    Audacity can do a fairly good job. I use Sony Vegas and Soundforge
    "Say the Word"

  8. #78
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,769
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Over the weekend, I bought an Audio-Technica USB turntable for converting music from vinyl LPs into MP3 files so I can burn them onto CDs. It comes with the Audacity music-conversion software, which allows me to store my tunes on my hard drive. This software will even clean up the recordings, eliminating the clicks, pops, and crackles heard in the background on phonograph records and making them sound as clear as the digital stuff on CDs. I have a few vinyl albums which I know will never be released on compact discs, so this investment will allow me to enjoy them in that format once I learn how to use the software properly.
    At present, I'm working on a recording I made of the soundtrack from the 1980 film The Stunt Man, which is one of the vinyl albums I mentioned earlier.
    I use Audacity to manipulate my sound files, and it's great.

    I made my custom Kimmunicator ringtone with Audacity.
    Audacity can do a fairly good job. I use Sony Vegas and Soundforge
    Glad to hear Audacity's OK! Now I've got to get off my lazy butt and actually work on converting those vinyl albums....

  9. #79
    Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    10,769
    Right now I'm playing my CD of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds on my computer. I'm utilizing the Windows Media Player, and I've got my headphones plugged in due to the lateness of the hour. Sounds pretty good, too.

  10. #80
    Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    9,777
    In honor of the Marine Corps birthday: Semper Fidelis by John Philip Sousa, performed by the US Marine Band in an 1899 recording.

Similar Threads

  1. What are you listening to? Track 3
    By jeriddian in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 500
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 01:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •