What are you listening to? Track 5 - Page 9
Global Justice Alliance

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? Track 5

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    In honor of the Marine Corps birthday: Semper Fidelis by John Philip Sousa, performed by the US Marine Band in an 1899 recording.
    Too bad the weather is wet in DC, today, the band, drill teams and E street Marines put on quite a show.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Piano Sonata No. 21 in B-flat, D. 960 by Franz Schubert. Wilhelm Kempff in a 1967 recording.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Ludwig Van Beethoven, Symphony No. 5, Herbert Von Karajan and the Berlin Symphony Orchestra in a 1970 recording which celebrated the 200th anniversary of the composer's birth.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    The Load-Out/Stay by Jackson Browne, from his 1977 album, Running On Empty.

Reminiscing by the Little River Band, off their CD, The Best Of Little River Band. And it's the full version at four minutes twelve seconds, too, not the chopped-up short version (3:13) I kept finding on collection albums. The full version is the one I remember hearing on the radio all the time back in late 1978; and now I finally have it in my music collection! I already burned a revised CD of my "Songs From 1978" playlist, and scrapped the previous disc. (I also deleted the short version of the song from my computer altogether.)
    Last edited by TransWarpDrive; 04-11-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Listening to Lecture after Lecture after Lecture....................Sometimes I hate CME. California's nice though.
    "Say the Word"

Even though those hotel chairs are upholstered, after a while even they get uncomfortable, don't they?

What upholstered hotel chairs? We're sitting in fold-ups in a meeting room for ten hours a day...... Ah well, the Gaslamp Quarter in San Diego at night is interesting.
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    What upholstered hotel chairs? We're sitting in fold-ups in a meeting room for ten hours a day...... Ah well, the Gaslamp Quarter in San Diego at night is interesting.
    Ow, folding chairs! That's even worse!
    Well, hang in there. As they say, this too shall pass.

Lets give you some perspective. It's really nice morning and I'm in the car with my father. Its nice outside, the weather is not that warm, heck it's even a little windy and cold for the season!

And The Carpenters play, a nice song called "we've only just begun". nice song and I know of them from some Simpsons episodes. Like all Carpenters songs it's positive but melancholic at the same time, really nice moment of reflection on the past and the future.

I search a little bit on wikipedia, only to discover that the woman died of anorexia, one of the first known cases that brought the public opinion to the issue...

to the internet, and the world in general, why?.....