What are you listening to? Track 5 - Page 20
Global Justice Alliance

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to? Track 5

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Last night before I went to bed, I ripped three CDs to my hard drive. Two were albums by Jim Croce; and one was a collection of Olivia Newton-John's greatest hits, titled simply "Magic."

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Violin Concerto "To the Memory of an Angel" by Alban Berg, first performed in Barcelona in 1936. In this recording made 50 years later Pinchas Zukerman is soloist with Pierre Boulez conducting the London Symphony.

Registered User Veteran Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Playing 'Rockin in the Free World'

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Lang Lang playing the Grand Valse by Chopin
    "Say the Word"

Still working on 'Rocking in the Free World'. I'm having trouble moving from an E minor to a D major to a C major in 3 beats and that song is moving pretty fast there.

Violin Concerto in A minor, op. 53 by Antonín Dvořák. Josef Suk (who practically had the piece in his DNA since he was Dvořák's great-grandson) was the violinist with the Czech Philharmonic conducted by Karel Ančerl in this 1960 Supraphon recording.
    Last edited by campy; 07-25-2021 at 09:38 PM.

The "Wanderer" Fantasy (D. 760) by Franz Schubert. The pianist is Maurizio Pollini on a DG recording from 1974.

Still having a little trouble making the D chord to the C chord in 'Rocking in the free world' because there is only one hit on the D and one on the C. I showed my instructor the problem and he said 'what problem'. My reply was: I got lucky that time.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I bought a new pair of stereo headphones over the weekend. They're made by a company called OneOdio, and they're really nice! They've got big, 2" diameter ear cups that fit over the whole ear, and do not put pressure on the ears the way my old ones did (The old ones were crushing my earlobe against my glasses temple, causing me pain sometimes when I wore them). The ear cups themselves are super-soft, as well, adding to the comfort factor when I wear them. And they sound good, too - nice bass & treble when I play music off my computer. They'll probably sound even better when I plug them into my stereo amplifier, since I can adjust its sound (bass, treble, etc.) whereas I can't do squat with my computer's sound. Plus, these headphones come equipped with a unique feature - a cord that can stretch to almost 9' long, and has a 3.5 mm plug on one end, and a 6.35 mm plug on the other. There are corresponding jacks on the headphones for these plugs - the smaller one on the right side, and the larger one on the left. So if I want to use them with my amplifier, which takes the 6.35 mm plug, then I plug that into the amp and plug the 3.5 mm plug into the headphones. And I do just the reverse when I use them on my computer. No need for adapter plugs with these 'phones! All for a bargain price of just $39 (plus tax)!

Registered User Senior Member
    Dave Brubeck