What are you listening to? Track 5 - Page 15
Global Justice Alliance

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: What are you listening to? Track 5

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Beethoven, Ludwig Van, Symphony No. 5 in C minor by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra conducted by Ricardo Muti on WRR 101.1 Classical in Dallas, Texas, the oldest radio station in the state (It just celebrated its 100th birthday)

This is one of my favorite renditions of my absolute favorite classical piece of all time.....

Yeah, Yeah... I know. It's a cliche. Most people would pick the 9th Symphony (Choral) as the greatest piece of classical music ever written. However it's my No. 2 choice. The 5th though............it's crystalline perfection!
    "Say the Word"

I actually prefer Beethoven's even numbered symphonies--particularly the 6th.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Falkayn View Post
    I actually prefer Beethoven's even numbered symphonies--particularly the 6th.
    Yes, the 6th (Pastoral) is also excellent. I also liked his 8th, which held a special place in Beethoven's heart. He always called it "My little F major symphony".
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I've been listening to screaming children a lot. Our daughter, son-in-law and the kids are staying with us for a while since their house is under renovation.

Thankfully, most of my nephews and nieces are grown up now. Niece One is teaching 5th grade now and loving it. Her brother is finishing high school and working part-time as a cook and general kitchen help in a toney downtown bistro and is also loving it--especially the free food he gets to bring home after work. Bro-in-law just made sergeant in the local PD. Been listening to jazz soundtracks--mostly Dave Brubeck--they help me write (got the first four pages of the new Double Entendre story done as well as few more pages of my STO/Mass Effect one. I'll be posting the new DE story on both Archive and ff.net simultaneously this time, but before posting, I want to get more on electronic paper.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Song Book, a 1956 album from Verve Records, was the soundtrack for the campy cocktail hour this evening.
    Last edited by campy; 11-06-2020 at 10:40 PM.