How About That Weather, Huh? - 2014 Edition - Page 2
Global Justice Alliance

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How About That Weather, Huh? - 2014 Edition

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar

Re: How About That Weather, Huh? - 2014 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I've never lived west of the Hudson and I'd sooner starve than eat store-brand mac+cheese with cheap beer.
    Yes, one can only sink so low in bad food choices...........
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

Well, I'm not much of a beer drinker these days, so I don't feel qualified to enter a debate on drinking cheap beer while snowbound. Especially since I still have two and a half bottles of Wild Turkey 101 here at home to get me through the latest snowpocalypse.

Getting back on-topic:

We've been getting a dusting of snow since this afternoon in Go City. Right now it seems to have let up, but they're forecasting more overnight. At least they've revised the forecast, and now say we should only get another inch or two before tomorrow evening. I'll take that over 3 to 6 inches any day.

I can always trust TWD to keep us subject wanderers in line. Many thanks, O wise sage! .............

Anyway, It was very cold, windy, cloudy for most of the day here in the Permian Basin with temps in the 20's. It is predicted that tonight it will snow and the temperature will be down in the teens.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar

I guess we're getting the edge of Campy's storm down here, this weekend. They're forecasting snow, which is getting a bit tiresome, since it's snowed about weekly for most of January.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

And we here in Go City are getting even more snow. We've gotten another inch out by me since it began early this morning, and my brother told me he heard it would continue to snow into the night. We both agreed since neither of us is driving anywhere tonight, we'll go out to clear the driveway and walks tomorrow sometime.
    The temperature I saw on my car's dashboard read-out this afternoon (I ran some errands then) was 17 degrees F. Not exactly balmy, tropical weather....

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar

I thought this was supposed to be "sunny" California. Here in Long Beach it's cloudy and 56 degrees.

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar

I'll take 56°! I'll take 46°! I'll take anything above freezing! This snow is driving me insane!

Quote Originally Posted by kyojikasshu View Post
    I'll take 56°! I'll take 46°! I'll take anything above freezing! This snow is driving me insane!
    You too, huh? You're not alone, my friend.
    I, for one, am ready for spring RIGHT NOW. Forge the rest of winter; let's just skip ahead to the spring thaw and then the rainy season. I want to see some green plants sprouting. I want to hear the crickets chirping. I want the longer days and mild nights. I'm ready for them all N-O-W!

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar

They're calling for six inches of snow, here, for tonight. Yeccch, enough Winter, already.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Thankfully, it's starting to warm up down here in Texas. But I don't know if we'll get hit again with cold this weekend.
    "Say the Word"