How About That Weather, Huh? - 2014 Edition - Page 47
Global Justice Alliance

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: How About That Weather, Huh? - 2014 Edition

Registered User Senior Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Right now about 15 degrees with a 20mph wind, gonna get chilli tonight.

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Survived the deep freeze with subzero temperatures last week, and the big ice storm we were supposed to get overnight into this morning... wasn't quite the deathstorm people were bracing for.

Though the massive temperature swings have already made some new potholes...

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Yeah, I didn't get any ice around my area in the Go city suburbs, but like kyoji pointed out, there are some new potholes showing up on the roads I frequently travel. Ice & snow & bitter weather are not too kind on asphalt, that's for sure....

Registered User Senior Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Rained all day, the snow is just to the north of the Arch.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    After a couple of days where the temps got up into the 70's, it turned cold again with a long rain last night, down to the low 30's this morning.
    "Say the Word"

Administrator Senior Member Greenmandmz's Avatar
    Massive cold front swept through my part of the country which let to sub-zero and single digit temperatures for over 3 days. Killed the battery on my car, too. Fun times!
    Gah! Quit mocking me. -AinoMinako
    [I]

Kim & Ron: Best of friends!

Last Wednesday it was so cold here in Go City, a lot of businesses, including my employer, told everyone to stay home & keep warm. I went outside to start my car & let it run. Although it cranked slower than normal, it still caught and ran OK. My brother's car, however, didn't start - dead battery. He bought a new one next day, and was able to go back to work.
    Right now, it's 9 out with a wind chill of 12 below. Supposed to be partly cloudy & windy tomorrow, high temp only reaching 15. While not the polar vortex of last week, that's still cold enough for me.

The rain we had today in Go City prevented the roofers from working on our garage. We've rescheduled for them to come out next Monday - not only will they re-roof the garage; they'll also do the house itself. It's been at least 20 years since they last worked on it (early to mid-90's, IIRC, mostly due to some leaks we had on the second floor).

The snow we had today was NUTS!! Heavy, wet stuff all day long. It was even snowing when I left to see the movie tonight at 7 PM (Central time)! The grass was coated; all the house roofs had snow on them; I even had to brush my car off twice - once when I left for the cinema, and again before I drove home.
    It's pretty much let up now; and tomorrow we're forecast to get a high temp of 50, with sunshine. Most of this stuff will melt off quickly then.

Boy, what a difference a week makes! Last weekend saw Old Man Winter's last gasp. This weekend we had clear skies, and warm weather up here in Go City. Highs in the low 70's. Unfortunately, we're due to get more rain in the area, beginning tonight.