How Was Your Day? The Not-so-Sweet 17th Edition - Page 3
Global Justice Alliance

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? The Not-so-Sweet 17th Edition

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    We cared for our granddaughter last night while her parents went out to dinner and a club.

Name:  000.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  50.7 KB

She was fascinated by our cats. (The cat liked her blanket.)
    Last edited by campy; 04-24-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    That's too cute for words, campy.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    We cared for our granddaughter last night while her parents went out to dinner and a club.

Name:  000.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  50.7 KB

She was fascinated by our cats. (The cat liked her blanket.)
    I don't think it's possible to out cute babies and pets, somewhere I've got a picture of my youngest niece, who had just learned to crawl, napping on top of my sister's Siberian Husky.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Sounds like bad heart failure that became uncompensated and then crashed the kidneys with them. I've taken care of many a patient just like that, so I know exactly what happened. To go on dialysis, something else had to happen to cause his kidneys to crash though, like sepsis or acute MI, or something like that. I doubt he lost 200 pounds of actual fluid, but I have seen as much as 40 to 50 kg of fluid taken off over time. I've done it myself as a matter of fact to one or two patients. It usually takes about a couple of weeks to do that though. You have to take it off slowly. Sounds like he has a weight problem in general as well which complicates his heart failure and chronic renal failure. His unconscious state might have been induced with a sleep inducing agent, such as propofol, if the patient was on the ventilator, which it sounds like your friend was. Ah, well, he's better, and that's the important thing.
    He does have a weight problem - he can't use a standard office chair, since they have a maximum weight limit of 375 pounds. And at a party we had this past January, one such chair he was sitting on collapsed under him when the plastic "star" that holds the caster wheels broke from the weight. It took him five minutes to get up off the floor, during which he had to roll onto his stomach in order to push himself up.
    Like I said in my last post, he hopes to lose some more weight - and he sounded serious about it this time.
    As for my day:
    I took advantage of the fact that no one was using the washer and dryer, and did all my laundry today. And while my loads were washing, I watched the Cubs beat the Reds this afternoon, 5-3.
    Go Cubs!

Today we drove to Walpole to babysit our granddaughter.

My week, here's the backstory: a family on my street was kicked out of the house because of not paying the rent. They included several kids, who were bought every kind of toy you could imagine, and every single item was mistreated.

SO, what does the large yard look like? Just imagine if Santa's sleigh had somehow crash landed into a garbage transfer station, and then both exploded on impact. We're talking TV sets in the bushes, clothes scattered across the lawn, and food containers floating in the creek.

What I have been doing, is searching around the property and collecting toys in reasonably good shape. Remembering always to remain at least 2-3 feet away from all bulildings, since the hills have eyes. THe smashed toys go into a bag for trash pickup. The bag also gets filled with assorted refuse also, since I'm picking up stuff anyway.

I clean the toys, and these will be given to the local animal shelter to sell for funding. It's a win-win for everybody- animals benefit, the neighborhood gets cleaned a bit, and unwanted toys find new owners.

I won't speak ill of the family, as I got along with the them really well. THinking about that, it's strange because I relate to the worst people around here. The ones nobody else can stand.

I started my day, and work week, with an earache and a scratchy throat. That means I caught Mom's head cold - the one she's been fighting for the past week. This is the second cold I've had this year. I was just getting over my last one the day I bought my new car (the first Saturday in February).

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I had a good weekend. I went down to see my eldest niece graduate college form my Alma Mater. The whole family was there to see it, and I brought my 79 year old step-mother (sort of) to see it, which made her very happy.
    "Say the Word"

Still fighting the head cold. Now I'm in the "coughing like an old man in a nursing home" phase, where I cough and hack like crazy, and my sinuses play havoc with me by giving me nasty headaches. It's made for an interesting week at work....

We took care of our granddaughter today. She just keeps getting cuter!

On the way home my 2004 Toyota Avalon passed the 100,000 mile mark.