How Was Your Day? The Not-so-Sweet 17th Edition - Page 42
Global Justice Alliance

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? The Not-so-Sweet 17th Edition

Registered User Senior Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    You will be Jer, remember you're helping people. You have a profession, I have a craft. You keep people alive, I helped people to do their jobs easier.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I know.......If only the God-fershligenner%&**&$(%)*% insurance companies and the government would keep their filthy mitts off health care and let me do my job! D*mn it! Then I wouldn't mind so much. But thanks for the kind words. It's good to know y'all support us.
    "Say the Word"

I agree Jer, this is the world that we live in. I had to go in to SS yesterday to make sure my Part B was active. Luckily my supplemental is paid for by my union insurance. Oh I finally hit the 100 lbs off and feel (except for the knee) tons better. The joint is coming along and the therapy is fun...not!

Moderator Honored Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Keep up with the therapy, Sentinel, no matter how bad it hurts. Believe me, you'll be thankful you did once you regain flexibility in that joint. My left elbow hurt like h*ll when I did my therapy back in '07, but it meant I'd regain full use of that joint and my left arm once I'd finished. And now I do. So just press on, regardless of how much it hurts.
    As for me, I'm going with the prostate brachytherapy treatment for my cancer - it's where they implant tiny radioactive "seeds" in my prostate, so the radiation kills the cancer cells from within. Only problem is, the clinic my urologist referred me to doesn't accept Medicaid insurance. There are several hospitals around Go City that do, but when I went to check on my Medicaid coverage, I was horrified to discover that it had been cancelled at the end of July. It seems in switching from one provider/management system to another to cover Illinois' Medicaid insurance, my redetermination form got misdirected. I spent 2 hours at my local Dept. of Health & Family Services office this morning, straightening the whole mess out. They say I'm supposed to get my coverage reactivated, but it'll take anywhere from two weeks to a month before I know for sure (you know, bureaucracy.... ). So, i'm going to cancel my consultation appointment at the clinic that doesn't take Medicaid, and get in touch with one that does.
    In the meantime, I'm supposed to be starting a new long-term temp job either Friday or next Monday. I had an interview with the client on Tuesday, and the lady there said she wanted to hire me, and get me started as soon as possible. Now it's up to my temp agency to get all the paperwork squared away so I can get back to work. I'll let you know how that works out.

Sounds promising TWD. Keep at it. And I know exactly what you mean about those insurance screw-ups. It happens all the time to my patients, and a lot of times it wasn't anything they had done either.
    "Say the Word"

Got new plates today and also got the forms for HAM radio plates. The weight loss is 101 pounds so far and I ordered my new Acadia too. So was a busy day.

They told me I'm getting close.

Moderator Honored Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I got the job!! I start Monday at 8 AM (local time), and at a better pay rate than they promised me! Plus, it's an "open-ended" assignment, meaning there's no telling how long I'll be there. In fact, the last person my temp agency sent there did such a good job, the client ended up hiring her permanently! I'm being hired to take her place as a temp. Who knows? I may end up working there permanently too (God willing).
    I'm just really glad to be working again....

EDIT: I also accomplished the following today: Got my blood-pressure prescription refilled; helped Mom bring in the groceries she bought at Smarty-Mart; vacuumed under our refrigerator; helped my brother fix our garage door; and I took a weed-whacker to the overgrowth around our air conditioner and emergency generator on the north side of our house. That means I have the weekend all to myself - my chores are already done!
    Last edited by TransWarpDrive; 08-11-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Good work, Sentinel. And congratulations TWD! Many good wishes on permanency of that position!
    "Say the Word"

Yeah Jer, I have the new cross over ordered and am getting ready to order my HAM radio license plates for it. And have decided which rig to put in it and how I'm going to program it. I guess it's about hobbies now. Good thing I'm still writing. I only have 1 1/2 chapters to go on the monster.