How Was Your Day? The Not-so-Sweet 17th Edition - Page 44
Global Justice Alliance

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? The Not-so-Sweet 17th Edition

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Well, it was a quiet Sunday. I worked a little more on the Suburban I will be giving my friend once I've finished it (I've ben promising him that for the last two years.....) I've finally reinstalled the center console, fully refinished and with a refrigerator in it now. It'll hold a dozen cans of beer or soda. Now I am working on the dual battery system installation. I just need a couple more parts and then the cables and then it should be ready to put in. It'll have a 1200 watt inverter put in as well, accessible inside the vehicle. After that, I just need to put in the secondary radio, configure the outputs going to it for headphones, repair the back seatbelt receptacles, then do some minor exterior painting touch up and it should be done.

So far, the job is still going. The practice is losing patients steadily, thanks to the supremely agonizing and incredibly stupid f***-up that the supposed "experts" in the company wreaked upon me. The truly irritating part is the ones who actually screwed it up are now gone (thankfully having gone on to some other type of work at another company. The reasons for their departure are not known to me, however it is not hard to guess.), but the ones who came in to take over from them are stuck with the mess. They are trying, but it's going to be painful for some time. It'll take at least a year and a half to two years to clean this mess up. BY then, I think we will have been reduced to about half our size, and lost half the revenue. We shouldn't be losing money now, except the company also screwed up our enrollments as providers to two major insurance carriers, and so all my charges to them for the last eight months are being denied, to the tune of a loss of $40,000 a month.

Ah, h*ll. At least they can't blame me for any of it. IN fact they love me to death. I'm the only thing holding the whole d*mn thing together......

I can't wait to retire..........
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Senior Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Jer, when my SS kicks in later this month it will all be good. Maybe sometime I'll head down there and introduce you to GOOD Scotch. Then we can tell each other lies....we're writers....right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel103 View Post
    Jer, when my SS kicks in later this month it will all be good. Maybe sometime I'll head down there and introduce you to GOOD Scotch. Then we can tell each other lies....we're writers....right?
    Got that right!
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Senior Member Sentinel103's Avatar

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Had a busy Monday at work. Between making copies for files; printing stuff for them off the computer; collating them; then closing them out on-line, I was one busy little file clerk! And that after a very busy weekend! We installed a new dishwasher on Saturday - we had to; our old one finally died after 29 years of use. Actually, the guys from the appliance store installed it while we watched. They also hauled away the old one when they left (I was told they send those old appliances to a recycling center where the various metals & plastics are stripped out for meltdown & re-use). The new one is so quiet, though! You can barely hear it make any sounds at all whenever it's running (and we've used it twice already since installing it)! Mom likes it a lot - especially since my younger brother's paying for it!
    And on Sunday, I cleared my closet out & reorganized it - hauled two tubs of goodies off to my storage cubicle, along with a cooler I got from a friend that I'm going to be using at Windycon this year. It took me most of the day to clean, organize, then pack up the stuff I wanted to store. But it was worth it, since I've significantly reduced the clutter in my room. Most of that clutter's now boxed up & in the closet or the cubicle!

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I broke one of my wisdom teeth yesterday and had it extracted this morning. Now I'm only 75% as wise as I used to be.

Another so-so day at work. Doing Lab Rounds this week. Continuing to convert my old Suburban to a dual battery system. Waiting on the different cables to come by delivery.
    "Say the Word"

The good...went to a new low income dental clinic. Can now recieve regular care after a 15 year gap.

The bad...will lose a front incisor, and roots from another tooth that rotted out will be dug up. A three session intense overall cleaning is coming up too.

The ugly...I will look even more like a goon. Good thing I smile less than Mr. Spock does.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    We had our grandchildren stay overnight with us last night. Lots of fun.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Busy day at work today, what with continuing my training on how to prep, process & close files for the client - not to mention having to dig out old files from the downstairs file room, or sorting & filing current folders in the upstairs one. I actually went out for lunch today; went to the nearest Portillo's (just a quarter mile south of where I work). Endured the hassle of using the drive-through at noon on a business day (this particular restaurant is located in a major business/industrial center just a couple of miles west of O'Hare Airport). But I got through it OK, and returned to the office with 45 minutes left of my allotted lunch hour (food was still hot, too). Stopped and refueled on the way home - saved 10 cents a gallon by purchasing gas and a car wash (given the way the birds use my car for target practice while it's parked under the trees, I have to wash the poor thing on a regular basis or it gets covered in droppings - very unsightly, I can assure you).