How Was Your Day? The Not-so-Sweet 17th Edition - Page 49
Global Justice Alliance

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? The Not-so-Sweet 17th Edition

Registered User Senior Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Wife's away (I mean when you are retired can you be on vacation?) and am getting some writing in without interruptions.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Today we had the fiberglass shower in our master bath torn out. We're having it redone with tile and glass doors and lots of pricey European plumbing fixtures.

Should be nice when it's done.

Still baching it, Mrs 103 is still in Florida. Had wings (boneless) and beer tonight with a salad.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Hey, guys. Well, the weather is warmer, getting up into the 60's and 70's in the afternoon, down to the 30's at night. My job has dramatically changed. The suits in charge of the dialysis units in the country have completely screwed up the scheduling of the patients to the point there is virtually no time I can see them all on the machine. It has forced me to change my rounding times to much later times right smack dab in the middle of my office hours, so I can no longer do both jobs effectively. So I can make dialysis rounds, or see my patients in the office, but no longer can I do both. In about ten days we will finally get rid of the j*ck*ss the clinic practice suits hired last year, who came in and totally screwed up the practice. Starting Feb 2, the new guy coming in to help the practice will finally start. We will have to sit down and work out a schedule on how to get the work done. God, I can't wait to retire......................
    "Say the Word"

Man I'm glad I'm not you Jer, now that we have the new year in place I have dramatically changed my exercise routine, PT one day a week and working out at the Rex-Plex three. Weight isn't dropping but I'm building muscle mass which burns fat. So it will all work out for the better and will make my long term recovery better, flexibility seems to be better too and in about four weeks I think I'll start back at the TKD school and maybe starting next year work on my 5th degree. Not bad for being 66+

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Report from our daughter on the left coast is that the future San Fran grandchild will be a girl.

That will make my descendants 80% female, up from 75% now. Grrrl Power!

Spent three hours in the gym today, it's getting better and better.

Hey, campy, you got at least one boy in the bunch

I wish I were in shape enough to go back to doing my TKD, but I've ripped my hamstrings too much to be able to do the kicks anymore. I'm looking into Tai Chi instead.... ......once I retire that is.
    "Say the Word"

Tai Chi is good for you Jer, I just decided that with the new knee and I am getting around better.....and I don't HAVE to test for my 5th that I can go back for fun. Of course, they want me to grade testing again. So it's something to keep me busy.

Yeah, I got to 3rd Dan myself,. But since I was traditional KTA/WTF, going to 4th meant becoming an instructor, and I wasn't going to be doing that (a little thing like medical school kind of interfered with that....)

On the job front, we finally got rid of the disaster physician who totally screwed up our practice this last year. The new one comes in Feb 2. It looks like that will work a lot better. however we have a huge problem with the dialysis company totally f***ing our schedule up and not allowing us to see the dialysis patients on rounds except on a very limited time schedule that totally interferes with our seeing the clinic patients. We're trying to figure our way around that.. Unfortunately, as we doctor types no longer have any authority over how we practice medicine, it's likely to be a futile effort to try and fight it.
    "Say the Word"