How Was Your Day? The Not-so-Sweet 17th Edition - Page 37
Global Justice Alliance

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 423

Thread: How Was Your Day? The Not-so-Sweet 17th Edition

  1. #361
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    7,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebub View Post
    I feel really sick right now. I just discovered that a good friend of mine has died. Stupidly I had not heard from him since last spring and he died shortly after. I onlyknew him though the internet and talked via email for 12 years. There were long gaps sometimes but still... We met in a KP group, and were both big time fans. Not sure where else to mention this, been trying to get ahold of him for months so that's not going to happen. The anti depressants I take make it nearly impossible to feel grief right now, so all I get is a headache. Sorry to disturb anyone about this, I just will really miss talking with someone who understood mental illness and how my mind (mis)operates
    So sorry to hear about your friend, Beaglebub. Was he one of the regulars on the FF.net circuit? Someone we might have known? It's been ten years, and I know there are a good number of those folks who are no longer with us. Don't worry about the anti-depressants, as they will do what's needed. They're not going to stop the grief. Their job is more to take the edge off, and make it not be so severe, but your reaction is natural. It's something you'll ride out with help. So stay with them as they will help. I hope you have someone to talk this through and help get you back to baseline.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sentiel103
    Last Sunday night I dropped to the floor, the EMTs came and hauled me off the ER where they diagnosed me with a bleeding ulcer. Got back home the other day and now the knee replacement is put off again They have a date (May 10) for the procedure, but I have to pass a blood test first sooooo I get to schedule that today.
    Jeez, Sentinel.... What are you taking for pain? If it's aspirin or NSAID's, it's a good bet one of them caused your ulcer, and you'll need to stay away from them (although stress can help do it too). It'll be OTC Tylenol (if it works for you), Tramadol, and/or low strength opiates for you in the meantime, to save your stomach (not to mention your kidneys as those same drugs can have deleterious effects on them, too). Yeah, they'll definitely check your CBC again before operating.
    "Say the Word"

  2. #362
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    7,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebub View Post
    I feel really sick right now. I just discovered that a good friend of mine has died. Stupidly I had not heard from him since last spring and he died shortly after. I onlyknew him though the internet and talked via email for 12 years. There were long gaps sometimes but still... We met in a KP group, and were both big time fans. Not sure where else to mention this, been trying to get ahold of him for months so that's not going to happen. The anti depressants I take make it nearly impossible to feel grief right now, so all I get is a headache. Sorry to disturb anyone about this, I just will really miss talking with someone who understood mental illness and how my mind (mis)operates
    So sorry to hear about your friend, Beaglebub. Was he one of the regulars on the FF.net circuit? Someone we might have known? It's been ten years, and I know there are a good number of those folks who are no longer with us. Don't worry about the anti-depressants, as they will do what's needed. They're not going to stop the grief. Their job is more to take the edge off, and make it not be so severe, but your reaction is natural. It's something you'll ride out with help. So stay with them as they will help. I hope you have someone to talk this through and help get you back to baseline.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentiel103
    Last Sunday night I dropped to the floor, the EMTs came and hauled me off the ER where they diagnosed me with a bleeding ulcer. Got back home the other day and now the knee replacement is put off again They have a date (May 10) for the procedure, but I have to pass a blood test first sooooo I get to schedule that today.
    Jeez, Sentinel.... What are you taking for pain? If it's aspirin or NSAID's, it's a good bet one of them caused your ulcer, and you'll need to stay away from them (although stress can help do it too). It'll be OTC Tylenol (if it works for you), Tramadol, and/or low strength opiates for you in the meantime, to save your stomach (not to mention your kidneys as those same drugs can have deleterious effects on them, too). Yeah, they'll definitely check your CBC again before operating.
    "Say the Word"

  3. #363
    Registered User Senior Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO USA
    Posts
    330
    I'm off everything for now Jer, AND if the knee stops hurting after the 10th I can deal with it. Any I am retiring this summer, after 33 years in a car plant....I've had enough. Still it was better than working for Caterpillar.

  4. #364
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    7,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel103 View Post
    I'm off everything for now Jer, AND if the knee stops hurting after the 10th I can deal with it. Any I am retiring this summer, after 33 years in a car plant....I've had enough. Still it was better than working for Caterpillar.
    My experience with virtually every patient I've had with your problem is that the total knee replacement will do just that. The pain stops. That's the good part of doing it. As for your retirement, good for you, man! I hope your "golden" years are really good ones. Wish I could say the same, but I'm afraid I'll be stuck working at least for another three to four years minimum before I can do that.
    "Say the Word"

  5. #365
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025
    It's been better, I managed to fall off of a ramp while helping to load a tractor onto a truck Saturday, spraining muscles in all my limbs and cutting my forehead. Most everything is back to normal, now, except my right leg, where the vastus lateralis has become painful. I suspect this has to do with my left leg causing an abnormal gait. If things don't improve, I'll probably talk to a sports medicine specialist.

    The icing on the cake is a really big allergy season.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  6. #366
    Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    7,281
    This morning I ran a pair of pants through the washing machine with an iPod in the pocket.

    It still worked when I tried it right after the cycle. I'm drying it in a dish of uncooked rice at the moment.

  7. #367
    Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    7,884
    I've been sick with a really bad cold, coughing my head off for the last three days. As it is the weekend. I can rest in bed and hopefully get this controlled enough before I get back to work on Monday.
    "Say the Word"

  8. #368
    Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Tick Capitol Of The Known Universe
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    This morning I ran a pair of pants through the washing machine with an iPod in the pocket.

    It still worked when I tried it right after the cycle. I'm drying it in a dish of uncooked rice at the moment.
    There was a news item about a guy in Austin who did the same thing, then promptly burned him self when he took the gizmo to bed with him. The joys of Lithium Ion batteries, a lot of places have banned those, including the Navy, since the cheap overseas batteries have tendency to catch fire ( or they may have just gotten tired of the whole pretentiousness of the things).
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

  9. #369
    Moderator Honored Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The suburbs of Go City
    Posts
    9,949
    Been a crazy week for me. Monday morning, I got to work only to be told by the boss that they're letting me go because the business they thought they'd be getting failed to materialize. And I went to the VW dealer because one of my remote keys was acting funky, only to be told that it's not covered by warranty, and that I'd have to shell out over $200 to both replace the key and program the new one. So, I'm using the working remote to lock & unlock the car with the dead one serving as a back-up. I also called the temp agency that got me this last job and squawked at them for not notifying me on Friday that I'd been cut (boss at work said they made the decision then, but nobody thought to call ME about it!). They apologized and promised to find something new for me. I also called all my other temp agencies & told them I'm "back on the market" job-wise.
    And Mom convinced me to transfer my stuff to a smaller cubicle yesterday due to the storm forecasts for later this week, so I borrowed her minivan & got over to the facility yesterday. The attendant found me a 10' x 10' space that's just one aisle south of my previous one, so I didn't have to haul my goodies clear across their grounds. It took me a little over three hours, and three trips with the van, to get everything out of the 10' x 15', and into the new shed. The upside of all this is that I'll only pay $118 a month with insurance, instead of $303 per month. And I even have empty space on my shelves in the new space! How about that?
    Now all I have to do is sort through the stuff I brought home, and see what I want to keep here and what goes back into storage. We also have to haul the stuff I'm getting rid of out to the curb before Saturday morning - that's when my half of town has its annual spring cleaning collection day, when we can throw out all we want for free. My brother & I will take care of that tomorrow evening, when he gets home from work.
    BUT - I have a job interview tomorrow morning up in one of the northwestern suburbs. If hired, I'll be doing essentially the same thing I've done on my last two jobs - sorting & scanning documents into the company's computers. And the pay's good, too!
    So keep your fingers crossed for me - I need to get working again ASAP.

  10. #370
    Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klein Innsbruck
    Posts
    7,281
    I took Mrs. campy's Saab in to the dealer to have the air bag replaced under recall. The old air bag inflator had a tendency to kill drivers with metallic shrapnel, which is not considered desirable in an automotive safety feature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •