How Was Your Day? The Not-so-Sweet 17th Edition - Page 32
Global Justice Alliance

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? The Not-so-Sweet 17th Edition

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I had Christmas Dinner with my partner and his family. It was otherwise quiet and peaceful. I did some laundry as well.
    "Say the Word"

I had office patients today. Yesterday was a holiday. It looks like I have a contract to continue working for a while longer.
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Veteran Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Well everything for the remodel in the guest bath is done......$16K. Work begins in Feb.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel103 View Post
    Well everything for the remodel in the guest bath is done......$16K. Work begins in Feb.
    Sprung for the solid-gold pipes, did you?

walk in tub with Jacuzzi, ceramic tile and very good toilet and hardware Campy.

Also got the tailgate hoist repaired that someone worked on not knowing what needed to be done.....3 guys, 5 hours and showed that the tailgate emblem hoist worked just fine.

All in all a decent day.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I spent my day "closing out" files on cargo shipped at my temp job - a logistics warehouse just north of O'Hare Airport. It's basic data entry work, helping these folks clear out a backlog of shipping files that's accumulated over time. I've been at this job since late October, and it doesn't look to end any time soon. The work is easy and the people there are nice - the main drawbacks? I'm working 10 AM to 6 PM (local time), and I'm working in the receiving office at one end of a dirty, cluttered, drafty warehouse (blah). As much as I appreciate the work, I'll be glad when this assignment is over so I can hopefully get another honest-to-God "office job" in an actual office!!

Running equipment in the plant, third shift starts tonight at 9:30 and we had to make sure everything worked the way it was supposed to.

We are renovating the office computer systems. This week, there at no patients in the outpatient clinic as we are switching over to a completely new EHR. This is somewhat painful as it means learning a completely new program and all of its intricacies, and we have one week to do that. We will be able to quickly learn the basic functions, enough to start using it next week. But it still is going to be somewhat painful.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Spent my entire day at work inserting loose shipping documents into their respective file folders.
    Actually, it wasn't so bad - the day seemed to go by a little faster because of that.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Saddam's old toilet? On my end a bout of cedar fever (Hill Country record: 32,000 parts per million, means the air was almost a colloid), turned intoa gateway for some other upper respiratory plague. Based on mucous production, I think I'm mutating into a hagfish.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”