TV ALERT! KP & Other Disney Shows are on Freeform cable channel - TONIGHT!
Global Justice Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV ALERT! KP & Other Disney Shows are on Freeform cable channel - TONIGHT!

Moderator Honored Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar

TV ALERT! KP & Other Disney Shows are on Freeform cable channel - TONIGHT!

I have my TV on right now, and during the last commercial break, I surfed the on-screen schedule grid. And in so doing, I discovered that a cable channel called "Freeform" has DC programs scheduled to run tonight! Right now they're showing a rerun of That's So Raven. Next, at midnight Central time (1 AM Eastern; 11 PM Mountain & 10 PM Pacific), they'll run a Hannah Montana repeat, followed by: wait for it - KIM POSSIBLE, at 12:30 Central time. That's on the FREEFORM cable channel (Ch. 51 on Comcast/Xfinity in my area). Check your local cable provider and see if they have that channel.
    That's tonight, folks. And the episode they're running is the first season's Kimitation Nation.
    EDIT: I just checked the Freeform website, and according to their schedule, KP is running 5 days a week - Tuesday thru Saturday mornings, at 12:30 AM Central/1:30 AM Eastern time.

Name:  Kim-Possible-2016.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  11.9 KB
    Last edited by TransWarpDrive; 05-27-2016 at 05:31 AM.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Freeform Channel used to be ABC Family Channel, which is of course owned by Disney. I stumbled onto a couple of those 12:30 showings over the last couple of weeks. Probably should of mentioned it. Sorry.......
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Freeform Channel used to be ABC Family Channel, which is of course owned by Disney. I stumbled onto a couple of those 12:30 showings over the last couple of weeks. Probably should of mentioned it. Sorry.......
    Yeah, I saw that factoid on-line myself last night as I was researching that cable channel. That explains why those old DC shows were so readily available to fill those time slots.
    Unfortunately, Kim won't be on at 12:30 tonight (or Sat. morning, as the case may be) because they're running a film titled Smart House, scheduled to run from 11 PM to 1 AM Central time. The next KP episode won't run until early Tuesday morning (5-31-16) at the same time slot as last night's.
    And yes, they're running regular commercials during each episode, but don't think they've trimmed any of the program out to accommodate more ads the way they do with older TV shows - it seemed to me as if last night's ep was broadcast intact.

SCHEDULING UPDATE: By checking the Freeform channel's schedule page on their website, I've determined just when they'll be showing KP each week. They're running her four early mornings a week, Tuesday through Friday, at 12:30 AM Central/1:30 AM Eastern time. The other three mornings are saved for either movies or infomercials in that time slot.

I came across her flipping channels,,,,usually I watch Cougar Town reruns after Conan but I saw those at least 5X each.
    Never expected to see KP ever again in my lifetime to be honest, I did a double take ....it was a true WTF moment for sure.
    I would assume that by now, she is a very dim memory for most people, which is truly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaglebub View Post
    I came across her flipping channels,,,,usually I watch Cougar Town reruns after Conan but I saw those at least 5X each.
    Never expected to see KP ever again in my lifetime to be honest, I did a double take ....it was a true WTF moment for sure.
    I would assume that by now, she is a very dim memory for most people, which is truly sad.
    The best way to keep Kim's memory alive is by informing folks that her show's currently running on Freeform - tell 'em what nights (or mornings, as the case may be) and at what time. Word-of-mouth is the very best form of advertising there is.
    Case in point:
    The first Star Wars film, released back in 1977, was given a minimum of advertising by 20th Century-Fox because they didn't think it would break even at the box office, much less be a sell-out blockbuster. Consequently, the film didn't do so well during the first day or two of its initial release. But theater patrons who did go and see it loved it, and praised it to the skies when they told their friends about it. So their friends went & saw it, then told their friends about it, and so on, until folks were lining up for hours, around the block in some locations, to see the movie!
    That's the power of word-of-mouth: Tell all your friends. Even if you only get one person interested in Kim Possible, you've done well. Every little bit helps.

Bad news, folks. Freeform Channel changed its schedule again.
    This week, we'll only see ONE episode of KP: Friday morning, June 17, at 12:30 AM Central time. Right now (Tues. morning), they're running a Hannah Montana episode in this time slot; tomorrow it'll be That's So Raven; and Thursday will be Lizzie McGuire.
    I guess the lesson to be learned from this is to closely watch the network's schedule. That way, you won't be surprised by changes like this.
    EDIT: I stand corrected. They're showing a 120-minute block of KP - four episodes back-to-back beginning at 11:00 PM Thursday night through 1 AM Friday morning. At least it seems that’s the plan - the daily schedule on Freeform's website only covers 12:30 AM to 11:30 PM for each day, with no mention at all of what the midnight show is. And since I just watched the end of a Hannah episode at 12:30 AM tonight, with two previous episodes having run from 11 to midnight, I think we can assume we’ll see four KP episodes Thursday night as well. So set your DVRs, friends. It looks as if Thursday night's "Kimmie night" on Freeform!
    Last edited by TransWarpDrive; 06-14-2016 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Didn't have the facts straight (now I do)...

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    This week, we'll only see ONE episode of KP: Friday morning, June 17, at 12:30 AM Central time. Right now (Tues. morning), they're running a Hannah Montana episode in this time slot; tomorrow it'll be That's So Raven; and Thursday will be Lizzie McGuire.
    I guess the lesson to be learned from this is to closely watch the network's schedule. That way, you won't be surprised by changes like this.
    EDIT: I stand corrected. They're showing a 120-minute block of KP - four episodes back-to-back beginning at 11:00 PM Thursday night through 1 AM Friday morning. At least it seems that’s the plan - the daily schedule on Freeform's website only covers 12:30 AM to 11:30 PM for each day, with no mention at all of what the midnight show is. And since I just watched the end of a Hannah episode at 12:30 AM tonight, with two previous episodes having run from 11 to midnight, I think we can assume we’ll see four KP episodes Thursday night as well. So set your DVRs, friends. It looks as if Thursday night's "Kimmie night" on Freeform!
    Hannah Montana!!!? Apparently whomever is in charge of programming hasn't noticed Miley Cyrus' rather dramatic change since the show began. One of my nieces had been a huge fan, even got my brother in law to take her to one of the concerts, but totally rejected the show when Miley went off the rails, to the point of getting rid of all the merchandise she had.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Hannah Montana!!!? Apparently whomever is in charge of programming hasn't noticed Miley Cyrus' rather dramatic change since the show began. One of my nieces had been a huge fan, even got my brother in law to take her to one of the concerts, but totally rejected the show when Miley went off the rails, to the point of getting rid of all the merchandise she had.
    Well, I guess Disney/Freeform is counting on there being enough fans of the show who remember the "good old days" of Miley's youthful innocence, and want to watch it over again. Besides, they're giving the same nostalgic treatment to That's So Raven tonight, with a two-hour block of that show. Tomorrow night it's Lizzie McGuire's turn, before KP gets her set on Thursday.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    In fairness to Lizzie McGuire, Hillary Duff managed to transition into a normal adult. She and her sister seem to mostly do cooking shows, these days.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”