What Are You Watching? Episode 10 - Page 8
Global Justice Alliance

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching? Episode 10

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Who knows? Maybe they thought having more than one navy hunting Red October would have confused the audience. Generally screenwriters like to "streamline" a plot whenever they adapt a book to film by cutting out things in the book they consider extraneous. Plus, eliminating subplots like the one involving CARDINAL and the American working as a Soviet mole in Washington, D.C. (and living in the Watergate complex, yet! ) are done to quicken the movie's pace. They don't want to slow it down too much for fear of boring the viewers.
    Last edited by TransWarpDrive; 03-17-2017 at 03:11 AM.

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    I am working my way through the Harry Potter movies. Tonight I'm watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I just saw Beauty and the Beast. I must say it is quite enjoyable. If you are a purist, like me, you will be ecstatic that they literally followed the original movie almost word for word. Yes there is a little variation here and there, but the way they did the musical numbers, especially the "Be our Guest" number was extremely well done and entertaining. Emma Watson as Belle is quite believable although I did feel her performance was a little understated. Nonetheless, she has a very pleasant singing voice, albeit an untrained one, and I really do like the way she danced. Her moves were quite elegant, I think. Dan Stephens as the Beast was also another good performance and honored the original character very well. The supporting cast similarly executed their roles extremely well, especially Luke Evans as Gaston, who I found to be perfectly played. The so-called "gay moment" everyone has been fussing about is something I didn't really catch at all. If it wasn't Le Fou dancing with another man at the end of the movie, I really must have missed it. So I really don't see what the hubbub was about. In all, If you are a fan of the original movie, you'll love this rendition. If not, you might think "why did they even make it again if they weren't going to change anything?'. But I think you'll still enjoy it.
    "Say the Word"

I'm watching the final round of the Masters tournament.

I just watched the Cubs beat the Brewers, 7-4, in Milwaukee. Tomorrow they open their home season at Wrigley Field, where they'll raise their World Series pennant in a pre-game ceremony!

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    The American Experience: The Great War on PBS. It's a pretty good job.

It's somewhat appropriate, since this week is the 100th anniversary of US entry into World War One.
    Last edited by lunchmeat; 04-12-2017 at 11:20 PM.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

I watched the Marvel superhero movie Deadpool on HBO last night.

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Highly recommended if you have Netflix: the new season of Mystery Science Theater 3000! Not only is it some great fun riffing cheesy old movies, but there's even a link to KP, as Professor Dementor himself, Patton Oswalt, plays "TV's Son of TV's Frank"!

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    UHF with Weird Al.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

I'm watching the Cubs play against the Pirates at Pittsburgh. Right now in the bottom of the 7th, they're behind, 6-3.