What Are You Watching? Episode 10 - Page 23
Global Justice Alliance

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching? Episode 10

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    My daughter gave me a year's subscription to Met Opera on Demand, so I'm watching opera videos these days. Today it was Lohengrin by Richard Wagner, in a Met performance from January 10, 1986. James Levine conducted with Eva Marton as Elsa and Peter Hoffman as the Swan Knight. Leonie Rysanek and Lief Roar sang the bad guys Ortrud and Telramund.

(Lief Roar has to be the best name for a Wagnerian singer since heldentenor Wolfgang Windgassen trod the boards back in the 1950s and -60s.)

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    Mrs. campy & I are continuing to watch season 2 of the classic 60s TV series The Fugitive. Last night Telly Savalas made his 2nd guest appearance on the show, and tried to help Dr. Richard Kimble evade the electric chair by falsely confessing to the murder of Helen Kimble (Telly's character had only a few months to live anyway). The night before Jack Klugman portrayed a struggling trucking company owner, and in tonight's episode Star Trek's James Doohan almost suppressed his Scottish accent well enough to play an Oklahoma sheriff's deputy.
    Actually, James Doohan was Canadian. He did not have a natural Scottish accent. He affected that for the series. You can actually hear in one episode where he briefly broke accent for one line, and uttered the line in his normal accent. They didn't take it out. But I can't remember the episode.

I watched the new Season Three of Carmen Sandiego, and it was great, but it was only five episodes!
    Tells you how often I'm in here when I'm just now replying to this months later... but the episode in question was "The Doomsday Machine", when Scotty is explaining the set-up to detonate the Constellation's engines to Kirk.

Registered User Veteran Member Sentinel103's Avatar
    Busing trying to hatch an idea....I need some Scotch to launch it.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I watched another episode of Star Trek: Picard last night.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    On Netflix, there is a new miniseries of eight episodes called Bridgerton. It is a romance category type of show and it is rather explicit at times (sex, nudity, although it really was tastefully done I think where the main characters were involved.) But the story is very engaging and entertaining. It also has a unique history where race is concerned. I recommend it.
    "Say the Word"

We are now into the second half of the final season of The Fugitive. Tonight we viewed episode 16, "The Other Side of the Coin," which featured a young Beau Bridges as a stickup man Dr. Kimble has to treat for a gunshot wound.

Joseph Campanella, who will return for part 1 of the two-part series finale, also appeared.
    Last edited by campy; 01-15-2021 at 12:05 AM.

I get my 30 minutes of news in and then write and read.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I just binged through Carmen Sandiego, the 4th season and it was GREAT!
    "Say the Word"

Still writing, playing the telecaster and annoying people on twittler.

Tonight the guest stars on The Fugitive included veteran character actor Martin Balsam, the beautiful Lynda Day (before she married Christopher George), and Jonathan Goldsmith, best known for the beer commercials in which he portrays the "Most Interesting Man in the World."