What Are You Watching? Episode 10 - Page 6
Global Justice Alliance

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching? Episode 10

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Suits was particularly good, I felt. Of course, I also watched the complete run down of CW DC comics shows, SuperGirl, Flash, Arrow, and Legends. Ackkk! I was brain dead! Of course, the Laurel on Arrow was the evil twin from Earth Two known as Black Siren.
    "Say the Word"

Moderator Honored Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Right now I'm watching an episode of M*A*S*H on MeTV.

I watched tonight's episode of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The way things are going in the current story arc, I have to ask: Are the good guys EVER going to win??

I just watched the new episode of Sleepy Hollow - or should we call it Ichabod Crane In The Twenty-First Century?

I watched another new episode of Sleepy Hollow. Earlier I caught an episode of Disney Channel's Liv and Maddie.

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    They Were Expendable, old John Wayne flick with Robert Montgomery, who had actually commanded PT boats in the South Pacific. Those boats sure look like they were a lot of fun.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
    They Were Expendable, old John Wayne flick with Robert Montgomery, who had actually commanded PT boats in the South Pacific. Those boats sure look like they were a lot of fun.
    Reminds me of the WWII fighter plane, the DeHavilland Mosquito. PT Boats were made of wood, which made them lighter and faster, as was the Mosquito. Of course, it didn't take much to smash them apart. but that was the price for their mobility and speed.
    "Say the Word"

Yeah, I was surprised when I learned the Mosquito was mostly built of wood. But considering the wartime shortages in Britain at the time - especially aluminum, so essential to aircraft manufacture - I think whoever decided to use wood to build this plane was extremely clever.
    - Not to mention the fact that they designed a gorgeous airplane!

Registered User Exalted Member lunchmeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised when I learned the Mosquito was mostly built of wood. But considering the wartime shortages in Britain at the time - especially aluminum, so essential to aircraft manufacture - I think whoever decided to use wood to build this plane was extremely clever.
    - Not to mention the fact that they designed a gorgeous airplane!
    Reducing the demand on strategic materials was a major driving force in the production of the Mosquito, the performance and appearance were serendipitous. A friend of my father's had flown them as member of the RAF Pathfinders during WWII and liked the plane so much he authored several publications about it in the 1960s.
    Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Lunchmeat, any chance you could find out the title of each publication? Also, the author's name? You can PM me with this info if you like.
    (PATY)