What Are You Watching? Episode 10 - Page 9
Global Justice Alliance

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What Are You Watching? Episode 10

Moderator Honored Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    I viewed tonight's episode of Designated Survivor, then watched the Cubs beat the Phillies, 5-4.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    I've picked up on watching The White Princess, which is an interesting take on the rise of the House of Tudor as the Royal family of England starting in 1485 with Henry VII's victory over the Richard III at Bosworth Field (the last English King to die in Battle), ending the War of the Roses. While historically quite accurate, they did take some liberties in the story telling which are not quite true (which they actually state after each episode also). At the center of the series is the relationship between King Henry and Queen Elizabeth, which is pictured as being quite acrimonious at first (History suggests otherwise that despite he being a Lancastrian and she being a York, they actually had a very happy marriage and reportedly truly loved each other very much. This seems so as they had eight children over twenty years of marriage). Also the Queen mother (Henry VII's mother Margaret Beaufort), is played by Caitlyn Stark of GOT (Michelle Fairley)
    "Say the Word"

Registered User Exalted Member kyojikasshu's Avatar
    Stanley Cup Playoffs, of course. Just watched game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals, as the Pittsburgh Penguins defeated the Ottawa Senators to tie the series.

I've been watching a lot of cartoons and anime of late; Dragon Ball Super, season 5 of Samurai Jack, season 7 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and some other stuff. Really, the only live-action series I've watched lately has been MST3k (incidentally, I was pretty happy to see my name in the backer credits in the 11th episode); I've got quite the backlog on my DVR to slog through.

Last night I finally got caught up with Designated Survivor. Wednesday night was the season finale, but I forgot all about it because I got hooked on the Cubs game instead. So I punched up the "On Demand" menu on my cable box, and picked the free repeat of Wednesday night's episode (the "Free" episodes run 60 minutes, since they include all the commercials. Repeats without ads cost anywhere from $1.99 to $2.99 per viewing). And while they wrapped up certain plot points in that episode (relax, folks; no spoilers here - I promise), they left something hanging for us to ponder until the show resumes this fall.
    Likewise with Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Tuesday night - a v-e-r-y interesting cliffhanger ending there, too...poses more questions than it answers.
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.....

I watched the latest episode of Deadliest Catch tonight on the Discovery Channel.

Right now I'm watching Mysteries Of The Abandoned on Science Channel. It's an OK series, but the young man they've got as a narrator drives me crazy. He keeps mis-pronouncing the word "nuclear" - instead of saying "new-CLEAR," he keeps pronouncing it "NOO-kew-lure." GAH!!