What Are You Eating? - Page 27
Global Justice Alliance

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Eating?

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    We had tuna salad sandwiches for our dinner tonight. In fact, I made a sandwich for my lunch tomorrow right after dinner with some of the leftover tuna. That way, I made sure I got some (Mom's tuna salad is very popular at our house; it tends to get eaten fast).
    EDIT: Jeriddian, what kind of pot pie did you have? My favorite is the turkey pot pie by Marie Callender.
    I prefer the Beef myself, also Marie Callander. I find that brand superior to the others. The Turkey's not bad either.
    "Say the Word"

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Stuffed salmon fillets from BJ's Warehouse Club tonight. Yum!

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    We had fish patties and French fries for our dinner tonight. The patties are some specially-breaded ones we've had before, and liked. I don't remember the exact type or brand right now...
    But they do taste good!

In the past when I was working steadily (and may again do so if/when I return to work), I rarely cooked anything at home, almost always eating out as there simply wasn't time to do otherwise. I limited myself to casual dining places with good reputations for quality ingredents, and usually limited myself to just certain items on the menus that I knew were good quality food. For example, I would go to Panera Bread for soup and salad, or a sandwich. It was inexpensive enough to afford steadily on my budget, usually $10-$15 or so, and wouldn't overload me with with useless calories, and primarily the quality of their ingredients is a key factor. They and certain other restaurant chains have paid attention to that (another is the Potbelly Sandwich Chain). Other chains without such attention to their ingredients I avoid religiously, including all fast food. However, now that I have the time, I am cooking more at home and am not eating out near as much, which saves me a good amount of money. I love eating out at my favorite French Bistro, La Madeleine (which I highly, highly recommend to you if you are ever in a city that has one of their restaurants), but the quality of their food and their extremely delicious menu puts their price range closer to $20-25 a meal, so I cannot really afford to do that frequently at all. In fact, I haven't eaten there now in close to two months. But they do sell certain products of theirs, including their Tomato Basil soup (which is to die for, folks. You will not find a better tastier one anywhere, at least IMHO), and their Caesar Salad dressing, which is also the best I've ever tasted. I now buy that dressing (only sold in their restaurants, unfortunately), and can make their caesar salads at home, costing me about $3-4 for a good size salad, which makes a pretty good meal, actually.
    "Say the Word"

Mrs. campy made French onion soup for dinner.

We had leftover chicken for our dinner tonight (what remained from our Sunday night feast). We made it into sandwiches, salads, that sort of thing. In other words, clearing out the leftovers.

I made an anchovy sauce recipe from one of my Sicilian cookbooks and served it over spaghetti for dinner.

(It's made from butter, olive oil, garlic, anchovies and black pepper.)

Mom & my brother had waffles for dinner, so I cooked a turkey pot pie (Marie Callender's). I ate it while we watched the latest episode of Star Trek: Picard.

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I made an anchovy sauce recipe from one of my Sicilian cookbooks and served it over spaghetti for dinner.

(It's made from butter, olive oil, garlic, anchovies and black pepper.)
    Interesting sauce, campy, but I bet it was salty. Ate some barbeque beef and mac-cheese tonight. I have enough victuals for a couple of weeks. After that I will probably order groceries to be delivered.
    "Say the Word"

Stuffed salmon fillets from the warehouse club again. (The ravening hordes had passed it by for some reason.)