What Are You Eating? - Page 36
Global Justice Alliance

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Eating?

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Mrs. campy made a chicken stir-fry for dinner. Before that I made us martinis with Plymouth gin and garlic-stuffed olives.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Mom made chicken salad for our dinner tonight - we ate it on bread or hamburger buns as sandwiches. Last night my brother made his excellent homemade pizza again. Good meals, both nights....

We had hamburgers last night. With bacon.

I made Dark 'n' Stormies for cocktail hour.

We had tuna salad for our dinner last night. In fact, I made a sandwich out of the leftover salad for my lunch today.
    BTW, campy, what kind of drink is a Dark 'n' Stormy? (Appropriate name, considering the weather we had yesterday...)

A Dark 'n' Stormy is made from dark rum (preferably Gosling's Black Seal) and ginger beer, plus a squeeze of lime.

I grilled pork chops for our dinner. I marinated them in rum and Angostura bitters beforehand and they came out really well.
    Last edited by campy; 08-11-2020 at 11:52 PM.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Cool sounding drink there, Campy. I had a baked potato and some picadillo. I tried both recipes, and Campy's is very good. But I think I liked my father's a little better. Maybe because it's what I grew up on. BTW, Campy, I remember the review you gave me for "Queen's Gambit Accepted". I decided to do something about it. Pull up the epilogue chapter and tell me what you think.
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Cool sounding drink there, Campy. I had a baked potato and some picadillo. I tried both recipes, and Campy's is very good. But I think I liked my father's a little better. Maybe because it's what I grew up on. BTW, Campy, I remember the review you gave me for "Queen's Gambit Accepted". I decided to do something about it. Pull up the epilogue chapter and tell me what you think.
    I remember suggesting that!

I liked the scene. I have two minor quibbles though. First, while it's of course good that Tara feels confident that Kevin would never try to pressure her into anything physical, have you perhaps gone a little too far in the direction of 'he will never initiate.'? I think even a good girl likes to think her boy finds it really hard to control himself around her.

Second, I think Donna ought to be a bit quicker to grasp where Tara is going with the conversation.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Thanks, Campy. Yeah, maybe 'never' is a little too strong. I was just trying to give a sense of hyperbole on Tara's part, overexpressing 'never' but not really meaning it that way. In other words she's complaining like a teenager would. But maybe I didn't quite convey that. And you have a point that Dr. Warren might have caught on sooner, but I was trying to dramatise the scene there with the 'I''m a virgin' remark. Since then, I've actually been rewriting that scene several times since you read it. I think I've got it where I want it. Check it again and see if it's coming across better.

PS. Okay.... It's complete (after revision 274... .... Or something like that.)
    Last edited by jeriddian; 08-15-2020 at 04:13 AM.
    "Say the Word"

I grilled some bacon-cheddar hamburgers for dinner.

We had burgers & fries for dinner last night. Mom's not sure right now what we'll have tonight.