Kim Possible Live action? - Page 12
Global Justice Alliance

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Kim Possible Live action?

Registered User Exalted Member Rob's Avatar
    The online movie review show The Blockbuster Buster took a look at the TV movie in his latest episode, which can be found here: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7f4357

I thought it was pretty good overall, Taylor Ortega really got Shego's mannerisms down and the guy they got to play Ron sounded somewhat like Friedle(though they skewed a bit too weird by having Ron want to be a dog, what was up with that?)

Nostalgia Critic reviewed the film and did not like it to say the least:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDFKG06ofpY

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Hey, most critics don't like anything they review. Many of the ones I've read tended to fall back on name-calling and insults to form their critiques. My opinion of your typical critic is this: If they can make a better film or TV show, they should do so. Otherwise, they should just shut up and leave the filmmaking to the professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Hey, most critics don't like anything they review. Many of the ones I've read tended to fall back on name-calling and insults to form their critiques. My opinion of your typical critic is this: If they can make a better film or TV show, they should do so. Otherwise, they should just shut up and leave the filmmaking to the professionals.
    I don't agree with the notion that a critic not being a filmmaker themselves automatically means they aren't allowed to criticize any movie/TV show ever, I think that's just silly.

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Welcome aboard, darkrage6. Glad to have you join us. I have to split the difference here. I agree that you don't have to be a film maker to be able to critique a movie. But I do think there are a lot of critics out there who shouldn't be.
    "Say the Word"

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Welcome aboard, darkrage6. Glad to have you join us. I have to split the difference here. I agree that you don't have to be a film maker to be able to critique a movie. But I do think there are a lot of critics out there who shouldn't be.
    Oh yeah there's definitely some awful critics out there like Armond White and Rex Reed(still haven't forgiven him for fat-shaming Melissa McCarthy in his horrendous review of Identity Thief) who nobody in their right mind should listen to.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkrage6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Oh yeah there's definitely some awful critics out there like Armond White and Rex Reed(still haven't forgiven him for fat-shaming Melissa McCarthy in his horrendous review of Identity Thief) who nobody in their right mind should listen to.
    I remember Rex Reed being hired to do PBS's "Sneak Previews" film review show after Siskel & Ebert (two prominent Go City film critics) left that show. What I most recall about Mr. Reed's comments were that he fell back on calling various aspects of the films he didn't like "stupid" as in, "the writing of this film is just stupid; the director did a stupid job on this picture" - well, you get the idea. He's a prime example of what I mentioned in my previous post - someone who resorts to name-calling and insults instead of offering honest, constructive criticism. Folks like Rex Reed are responsible for my having the low opinion I currently have about critics.