Kim Possible Live action? - Page 9
Global Justice Alliance

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Kim Possible Live action?

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Welcome back, TheGreenMagic!

Administrator Honored Elder jeriddian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Somebody posted on Twitter that CCR's character would give a ride to Kim & Ron in the film, so maybe that's who Poppy Blu is.
    Yeah, that sounds like Brittina from the very first episode. Direct steal from the animated series.

Hey! The Green Magic is back! Welcome back! Good to hear from you again!
    "Say the Word"

Administrator Senior Member Greenmandmz's Avatar
    Just learned about this live-action KP DCOM yesterday. Haven't kept up on any KP related news in quite some time and decided to google Kim Possible to see if anything new popped up. I was surprised to learn about this new KP production as I figured that KPs run was finished with the wrap-up of season 4 back in 2007. I've got mixed feelings about a live-action KP DCOM. It's really great that Bob Schooley and Mark McCorkle will be back as executive producers. That's a huge plus by any KP fan's definition. However, having roamed through this thread for further details, I feel as if Disney isn't going far enough bring back old cast and crew for this production. I understand that not all the voice actors would fit well into a live action film, but a few pointed out that John Dimaggio and Patrick Warburton would be perfect fits in their respective roles of Drakken and Steve Barkin. A few of the other VAs could probably fit in as well and I also don't see any credits for any of the previous directors from the original series. IMO, DCOMs vary widely in the their story and presentation on screen and I have this sneaking feeling that this might just be a quick nostalgia cash grab by Disney by remaking one of their old properties. Kim Possible had a very specific formula that gave the series it's feel and made us connect with our beloved characters. It will take great care and attention to translate that story to live action.

I could be wrong, though, and be pleasantly surprised when I see it. I hope I am. Please don't screw this up, Disney.
    Gah! Quit mocking me. -AinoMinako
    [I]

Kim & Ron: Best of friends!

Registered User Veteran Member
    Too late.
    Manofevil: Author of the Kimmunist Manifesto, writer, statesman, and founder of modern Kimmunism.

Quote Originally Posted by jeriddian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TransWarpDrive View Post
    Somebody posted on Twitter that CCR's character would give a ride to Kim & Ron in the film, so maybe that's who Poppy Blu is.
    Yeah, that sounds like Brittina from the very first episode. Direct steal from the animated series.

Hey! The Green Magic is back! Welcome back! Good to hear from you again!
    Yes, Brittina! that was the name, I doubted wether if she was going to play a villain like Camille or this famous popstar woman that gives her rides and ron tries to get to the dance!

I'm wondering if they will reenact that scene??

Ron:"you. me. Average guy"
    Poppy: "No"
    Ron: "see? that wasn't that bad"
    Kim:"only to watch"

Anyway, CCR was interviewed by Buzzfeed and she hinted that she may be the villain?? Maybe they do a mishmash of the two, who knows...

Super Moderator Honored Elder campy's Avatar
    Well, I managed to find a stream and watched it. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Boy, that surprise about Athena — who could have seen that coming?

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    Well, now we know that CCR wasn't the villain; she was just a pop star who gave Kim & friends a lift to Drakken's hideout. I thought it was nice of Bob & Mark to include Christy in the film like that - after all, she voiced KP in the animated series. She deserved a part in the film!
    BTW, having just finished watching the film, I have to say this: I'm impressed. No, really; the quality of the writing & the acting won me over. The way Sadie portrayed Kim at both her best and her worst really caught my attention & gained my sympathy. We saw Kim's humanity revealed in this LAM, the same as we did in the cartoon show. And having a lead character who has flaws as well as strengths only makes us cheer for her all the more, because we can all relate to her.
    Of course, the whole subplot regarding Athena impressed me as well - it was more nuanced & complex than I initially thought it was going to be. As it turned out, that part of the story only served to drive home a (subtle yet effective) lesson on the value of loyalty, and being the best friend a person can have.
    And the conclusion of this film definitely leaves the door open for a sequel (sorry; no spoilers here...). I guess we just have to wait & see if TPTB at Disney will green-light another film or not.
    I DVR'd this film even as I watched it so I can play it back & enjoy it again later, but I'm most certainly going to buy a DVD copy when it finally hits the store shelves. This one's a keeper!!

Hi all! I am alive! It's been a loooong time. It looks like I'm not the only person who came out of the woodwork after... 12 years? 14 years? After several failed attempts, it appears I do in fact remember my username and password.

Some initial thoughts, in no particular order:

I really enjoyed this throwback. I thought it was surprisingly well done for a DCOM (I wasn't expecting MCU-level CGI or anything, anyway!) and there was a lot thrown in for the OG fans. It was really clear from early on what role Athena would play, and my initial thought after the "made to be my best friend" comment was 'she's a SYNDRONE!'.

From what I remember of the show, Kim definitely did struggle when she was faced with not being the best at stuff. While I thought the Athena reveal was predictable, I'm actually glad that there was no romantic subplot used to drive character development in that way. The change to a friendship/new competition/entering a new environment is a classic trope, and the movie reminded me of the Buffy episode "The Freshman".

The actors who played Kim and Ron did a good job, especially for teenagers. Shego really stole the show in my opinion though. It looks like the actress really hasn't been in much other stuff, which is surprising. She looks a lot like Lizzy Caplan (Janis Ian from Mean Girls) to me!

...Wasn't Nana Possible Kim's paternal grandmother? Mrs. Dr. P./Alyson Hannigan called her "Mom" at one point.

Overall, I'm pleased and would love to see a sequel. It felt like it honored the original series, and as a millennial I'm all about the throwbacks to things I loved as a kid/teen.

Moderator Venerated Elder TransWarpDrive's Avatar
    ...Wasn't Nana Possible Kim's paternal grandmother? Mrs. Dr. P./Alyson Hannigan called her "Mom" at one point.
    My pal Steve addressed his mother-in-law as "Mom" while she was alive. They enjoyed that sort of close familial relationship.

Registered User Veteran Member
    Remember everyone that it's going to be awhile before everyone sees this, so remember to leave out spoilers.
    Manofevil: Author of the Kimmunist Manifesto, writer, statesman, and founder of modern Kimmunism.